Last week I celebrated the fifth anniversary of my first half marathon by running the Bountiful Handcart Days Half Marathon. This got me thinking (this usually means trouble). Next summer I’ll be celebrating my fifth anniversary of my first marathon — which was the Deseret News Marathon. Since I celebrating my fifth anniversary running half marathons at my first race, I thought I’d do the same for my marathon.
Thus, I am adding the Deseret News Marathon to my 2017 race schedule.
Now, I really don’t want to run a lot of marathons next year. I am not planning on running St. George or the Big Cottonwood — two of my favorites. Mainly, because I like to give my legs some rest and focus on the smaller distances. So, my only plan is to run the Deseret News Marathon — AND — the Boston Marathon if I am lucky enough to get in.
I know we’re still about four months away from 2017, but it’s never too early to start planning, right?
Now, of course I’ve made a 2017 race schedule already — but — of course my race schedules are always subject to change. Anyways, here is my projected race schedule.
The bold races are ones that I have already registered for — oh — and the number to the left is the race number counting up towards my 180 race goal (just in case you were wondering).
And, of course some races are just crude estimates based off past year’s dates.
139. St. George Half; St. George (January 14, 2017)
140. Lucky 13 Half; Salt Lake City (March 18, 2017)
141. Provo City Half; Provo (May 6, 2017)
142. Vigor Big Cottonwood Half; Salt Lake City (May 13, 2017)
143. Ogden Half; Ogden (May 20, 2017)
144. Drop 13 Big Cottonwood Half; Salt Lake City (June 10, 2017)
145. Bear Lake Half; Idaho (June 15, 2017)
146. Bear Lake Half; Wyoming (June 16, 2017)
147. Bear Lake Half; Utah (June 17, 2017)
148. AF Race Against Cancer; American Fork (June 24, 2017)
149. Utah Midnight Run; Farmington (July 7, 2017)
150. Deseret News Marathon; Salt Lake City (July 24, 2017)
151. Timp Half; American Fork (July 29, 2017)
152. Run Elevated Half; Sandy (August 28, 2017)
153. Nebo Half; Payson (September 2, 2017)
154. Revel Big Cottonwood Half; Salt Lake City (September 9, 2017)
155. Red Rock Relay; Park City (October 7, 2017)
156. Frightmares Half; Farmington (October 14, 2017)
157. The Haunted Half; Salt Lake City (October 21, 2017)
158. The Haunted Half; Salt Lake City (October 28, 2017)
159. Snow Canyon Half; St. George (November 4, 2017)
160. Thankful 13; Lehi (November 23, 2017)