Friday, Friday, Friday! It’s Friday! Aren’t you excited? I am. It’s been an odd week for me. I’ve been out of commission for the past three days with a stomach virus. Not fun. It’s the longest I’ve stayed home from work in ages. I just don’t take many sick days. But, when you get hit, you get hit right?
Yesterday, I stayed home, but was able to get outside for a walk with my niece. I took her in her stroller and it was good for me. Being holed up in the house is just so much fun, right? But, with the weather being awesome and only lasting until this weekend I had to get outside and get some serotonin. But, I am back to work today which I am really grateful for. There is just so much you can do from home on your computer.
But, with that said … YEAH THE WEEKEND! Especially now that I am feeling better.
I am planning on running … as much as I can. It will probably be a run/walk, but it’s a fun group run called, “Running with my Peeps.” We’re just running along the Legacy Parkway Trail starting and ending at Station Park in Farmington. It will be a simple out and back on a flat paved terrain. Should be fun. And, if you live along the Wasatch Front and want to join us. DO!
This past week I also started a Facebook group called “Utah Party Runs!” The idea behind the group is to plan a FREE and FUN group run each month. This month it will be the Running with my Peeps run. Then we’ll have one each month in the coming year. You can get the info on each run date here. But, just know that on Saturday, July 11th (aka National Slurpee Day), we’re going to have a 7.11 mile run down Emigration Canyon to the 7 Eleven on 1300 South and 500 West in SLC. That you NEED to attend.
Anyways, 2015 is shaping to be another fun year of running and I can’t wait to get out there and RUN!
But, until then the focus is on getting through and enjoying the holidays. I love this time of the year when I am able to focus on the Savior, my family and the goodwill of friends and neighbors. Christmas is my favorite holiday and that is why next week is going to be Christmas Week here on the bloggy blog. Make sure to come back on Monday after I deck out the blog for Christmas. I will also be sharing a Runner’s Gift Guide, Guide to Surviving the Holidays and of course a thing or two on my least favorite Christmas song.
It will be a fun week leading into the week of Christmas.
After that I won’t blog regularly. I am taking somewhat of a sabbatical until the start of the new year. However, I will share a post or two about my new year’s resolutions. That might come on the week of Christmas? We shall see.
Anyways, here are few other things that caught my attention this past week …
- It was Joshby Week this week. Make sure to catch the winners here. And, here.
- I also ranked my top ten race medals from the past year. Check it out!
- Even if Bob Barker isn’t on the Price is Right anymore, the Price is Right will always be the number one show to watch while you are at home sick.
- This past week was Koko’s third birthday. Of course she was spoiled and got a Frozen cake and not to mention a Frozen dress.
- Speaking of Koko, she even dressed herself for our walk yesterday. TOO CUTE!
- Are selfie sticks really that tacky? Because I think I kinda want to ask Santa for one this year.
- It’s been over two weeks now that Bumper Banana has been on my bumper … and he’s still hanging on! GO BUMPER BANANA!
- These make me laugh. Grood thing I am can spill.
- This one made me laugh.
- And, this one.
- And, this one.
- But, this one the most. HAHAHAHA!
- On Monday our family made Bokkales … aka Norwegian Fattigmann. These are a family tradition going back to my great grandparents. Plus, they’re deep fried … so there’s that.
- Also on Monday my brother and nephew weren’t as successful with their Gingerbread House. Kinda failed on that one.
- If for any reason you need to knockout an octopus … here’s how you do it. Thank me later.
- These are kinda sad stories about how some animals became extinct. So, if you need to knockout an octopus just make sure it’s not the last octopus left on earth.
- I won’t lie, kinda surprised this won’t hit Utah. Then again, I’m thankful it won’t. Keep it mild Winter Warlock.
- I am now looking at my UPS driver Gary in a whole different light.
- Yes, I feel better about myself right now.
- Um, no.
- This quiz said I am from the South. Um, no. But, I do now want some biscuits and gravy … like bad.
- I need a vacation now, thank you very much!
- I’m still waiting for a taco emoji. But, these are nice.
- This has to be the dumbest invention? A Twinkie Maker? Who makes Twinkies? The Twinkie people so you can hoard boxes full of them and never have to wait longer than how long it takes you to open a wrapper to eat one. Seriously, Twinkies are all about no effort, all reward.
- Another fascinating article.
- This makes me appreciate Disneyland that much more.
- Went to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last Sunday and was able to sneak in with my cat sweater. I am very proud of myself. My Mom on the other hand was not as impressed.
- But, you have to love Temple Square during the holidays! SO GORGEOUS!
- Plus, Temple Square at night gives you gorgeous pictures of the temple like THIS!
- This kinda ruins Christmas for me. Just kinda. I knew those reindeer were up to something devious.
- So there’s this about nail polish. Kinda fascinating actually.
- Not going to lie, I’m having some beard envy right about now.
- This was the sunset last night. SO GORGEOUS! And, that seems like a good place to end!
Welp, that’s it for me this week. I hope you have a great weekend full of family, fun times and of course … RUNNING! Catch you back here on Monday.