Is it really Friday? Seriously. Is it? I’m really glad that is, because it’s been somewhat of a discombobulated (I seriously love that word) week. My Dad’s knee replacement surgery was on Tuesday and he will be coming home later today. He had some issues with his blood pressure so he wasn’t able to get up and do his needed PT. But, he’s good now and will be coming home! Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. They have been felt and needed!
The best part of his stay (well at least for me) has been the free lunches at the hospital. Since I only work less than a mile away I’ve spent my lunch hours with my Dad and he’s ordered lunch for me. It’s free for patient and family and why not live it up while there, right?
I’ve ordered the salmon the past couple of days and odds are I’ll have it again today. It’s way crappy tasting salmon (extremely unseasoned and highly microwaved), but it’s free and I get a sugar-free ice cream cup to go with it so it’s totally worth it. I still don’t understand where they get off calling it “fresh catch of the day” … where in Utah have you seen wild salmon roam?
But, it’s free food and it’s more time I can spend with my Pops. Plus, their side of broccoli isn’t half bad (more like 1/4). But, I get one more meal today and then he should be heading home in the afternoon if he checks out okay. I wouldn’t be against the doctor keeping him one more day, but that would be for my selfish reasons, mainly because I haven’t had their breakfast yet (I want to see what all this hubbub is about over their pancakes).
Anyways, I am just glad he is doing good and if everything turns out how it should, he should be getting his other knee done in 3-4 weeks. We’ll see!
Besides dealing with family things the week has been jammed pack with running, church basketball, work things, bloggy blog things and such and such things. Riveting isn’t it?
Here are a few things that caught my attention during the week that was–
- I didn’t sign up for any races this week. This feels strange. I feel like I need to blow my money on something running related.
- I am running down Emigration Canyon tomorrow with Becca. This is her first “long” training run in preparation for her first marathon in May. Since I don’t really do marathons at the moment I told her I would train up to run her 20 miler with her. I thought it’d be good motivation and help me run faster in preparation for my SUB-TWO in September!
- I keep on grappling with the thought of whether or not I want to run another marathon. I want to, but I don’t. I want to, but I don’t. I want to, but I don’t. I am debating whether or not I want to possibly upgrade my Utah Valley registration from the half to the full. I can do it for $15. Hmmm …
- But, I like the idea of training up for the stamina to do a 20 miler. That’s manageable. But, we shall see. I’d really like to run at least 2-3 more marathons before I reach my 180 race goal. When I do those is the million dollar question.
- I do want to run the Athens Marathon in Greece. That is most definitely on my running Bucket List. Same with the Dopey Challenge at Walt Disney World. Other than, I might like to do the St. George Marathon once again. Maybe even the New York Marathon? Not sure.
- I working a SLC Comic Con event tonight at The Leonardo in Downtown SLC … the guest? GEORGE TAKEI. Slightly, excited. Slightly. I’m afraid he’s going to be the one celebrity I totally freak out about. I’m afraid I could end up asking him to ‘LIKE’ something on my Facebook page. Maybe this post?
- I love a good vegetarian sandwich. Why do we all need to feel the need to have meat on all our sandwiches? I love a roasted pepper sandwich with mozzarella and the veggie works. Mmmm ….
- This is just hilarious. I think I should try the Sugar-Free Gummi Bear Cleanse, no?
- If you didn’t catch it earlier I provided the recipe for the two Rice Krispy Treats I made this month. Lemon Sugar Cookie and Brownie Peppermint Patty. Yum.
- I want to make a RK that I can take running with me. Like, make it with ingredients that would help a runner in the middle of a marathon or other long distance race. I was thinking of some sort of trail mix RK possibly? With raisins of course.
- I also wrote about whales. Specifically about SeaWorld, Blackfish and Shamu. I love whales. I could have probably written a novel about the whole situation.
- Speaking of whales and books. You need to check out this book. Ridiculous. You know that Shamu is just playing with that poor baby seal giving it lost hope before he eats him. I mean, he’s a killer whale, right? Well played Shamu, well played.
- Sometimes I like to watch videos like this, this, this and this. Sometimes even this. But, more often that I enjoy videos like this and this. I’m such a whale nerd.
- I should probably stop talking about SeaWorld, because that only means it would be ten times easier for me to start talking about Disneyland. And, that would take up most of this post. Trust me.
- But, for the record I love the otters more than anything at SeaWorld. But, I’ll leave it at that.
- This is just ridiculous. And, I love this interview. What a coward and complete moron. To sue a 14 year old boy CELEBRATING the game winning run? PLEASE!
- I realized today I need to run a 9:08 minute mile to get my sub-two half marathon time in September. I can run five miles in a 10:00 minute mile comfortably. I know I am a strong runner, it’s just a matter of putting in the training, time and effort. I just need to always remember to push myself in my running.
- I love running (just in case you didn’t know).
- The grammar nerd within me laughs.
- I am getting excited the more and more I think about my run tomorrow morning.
Well, that’s it for me this week. I’ll be posting a new giveaway later today or tomorrow morning. But, more than anything have an awesome weekend and as always … HAPPY RUNNING!!!