I like how each Fartlek Friday post is also an indicator of how many weeks I’ve been doing running this blog with my fancy roman numeral system. I don’t know why but I just love them. 8 becomes VII, 32 becomes XXXII and 153 becomes CLIII. I just feel it brings a touch of class to the blog. Plus, I won’t lie, I like football and the Super Bowl and they use roman numerals as well. So there’s that.
But, enough about roman numerals. Let’s talk about how it’s Friday again. Like, for the eighth time this year. What scares me more than anything is that Christmas was nearly two months ago. Aging sucks. Why does time have to fly by so quickly? Well, okay, actually, I’d like the work week to go by quickly and the weekends to go by slowly.
But, let’s be honest here, it’s probably every working adults dream, right? Well, actually, my dream would be to work Tuesday – Thursday and then get Friday and Mondays off. That’s my dream. Well, I’d also be making well over $250,000 a year, from importing and exporting things. I’d have a dream home with a urinal in each bathroom, two sinks in the kitchen and a doggy door for my three-legged dog. Oh, and a treadmill with a flat screen TV attached to it. Heck, maybe it’d be 3-D even?!
Now, that’s my dream. But, what can I say though, I dream big?!
Sheesh, I don’t know how I got onto this tangent about roman numerals, Christmas, urinals and three-legged dogs? But, there WAY more other things catching my fancy this week than just those …
- Tomorrow is George Washington’s birthday. If you’re counting at home (which I doubt you are), if President Washington was still with us today he’d be turning 282. I’m pretty sure at this point it’d be easier to light his birthday cake candles with matches and gasoline.
- Unless you didn’t get the memo in elementary school, George Washington and George Washington Carver are not the same person. One invented peanut butter while the other wore a wig.
- Growing up (well, until probably age 7 or 8?) I thought my Grandpa Pederson was George Washington. If you’re wondering what my Grandpa looked like … here you go.
- Speaking more about George Washington, he and dear Martha were childless. But, his nephew Bushrod was his heir. This has no other significance other than there once was a guy named Bushrod.
- I won’t lie his portrait slightly creeps me out. Welp, there goes the Bushrod mystique.
- I had $500 worth of car repairs done to Mr. Oldsmobile this past week. It’s an older car so I understand it happens, but when I calculate how many races that is, it depresses me (BTW, it’s roughly 10-11 races).
- Speaking of races, it gives me anxiety thinking that I still have A MONTH until my next half marathon. I feel like this needs to change. I want a half marathon sooner than later. I need more shirts.
- My friend Susette ran her first 100 miler this past weekend down in Las Vegas. I am simply amazed and in awe of her accomplishment. I am pretty sure my feet would fall off at mile 26.3. Congrats Susette!
- Black History Month has been rubbing off on me this past week … I’ve been reading a lot of stuff like this, this, this and this.
- I feel like I should confess this, but I haven’t watched a full Winter Olympic event. And, I probably won’t. I’m not a huge fan of the Winter Olympics, but at least it gave us three weeks without the NHL. Every curse has a blessing, I guess?
- But, for the record I don’t watch much of the Summer Olympics either. However, I do like the running events (well since the last Olympics) and sometimes I find myself falling asleep to swimming team relays. I’m a horrible supporter of the Olympic spirit.
- I love these kind of things. Too cute.
- Fat Josh likes this.
- #iwanttowritethebookonhashtags #theworldneedsthis #itistime
- So my family (and by family, I mean WHOLE family) decided to ditch me here in a couple of weeks for a trip to Disneyland. I would have followed, but I am taking quite a bit of time off in April and I can’t afford the vacation time. But, still, kinda rude, huh?
- However, I would like to plan a trip to Disneyland in December this year. I’ve always wanted to go during Christmastime and haven’t had the chance yet. I think I should add that on my bucket list, no?
- I also want to go ghosthunting at Disneyland, but that’s a whole different story …
- I actually find this quite amusing, and accurate.
- I am running tomorrow down in Orem with my RA group. My training plan asks for 10 miles, but I might do a few more, we’ll see how my legs do. I want to see if I can get to 100 miles for the month once again. I’m currently at 90 miles … so … I should get there by next Friday.
- I feel a need to find more races. Probably because of the month layoff. I must resist.
- I’m not going to lie, I found this kinda funny.
- I started a new workout regime this past week that has me working out at Firehouse Fitness at 5:15am (that’s not a typo) for strength training. I’ll blog more about it next week, but I like it because it gives me more time in the evening to either run or write.
- I’m still missing broccoli. Thank you stupid thyroid.
- I mean it, I really, really miss broccoli right now. Sigh.
Welp, that’s it for me today. Have a great Friday and of course … HAPPY RUNNING!!!