Happiness is … FRIDAY! Well, actually yesterday was International Happiness Day. But, whoever was in charge of selecting the day should have made it a Friday, because … well … Happiness is Friday, right? Oh, well, maybe I should just declare this weekend International Happiness Weekend? Because, I am quite excited for this weekend.
Why, you ask?
Well … I HAVE A RACE TOMORROW!!! After nearly two and a half months since my last half marathon I FINALLY have another one! I will be running the Riverton Half Marathon, which is race #57 and half marathon #52 since 2011. It’s also kind of the kick off race to the running season.
Sure it will be another month until the Salt Lake City Half Marathon, but I am really excited to get my running and racing under way. I also can’t wait to finally run outside during my weekday runs. I haven’t be able to do so since the time changed. Mainly because I’ve had a lot of evening things as of late too, but my goal is NEXT WEEK! (but, we shall see …)
But, here is what has been catching my fancy the past week …
- Our Church Basketball team is in the South Davis Region Final Four and play tomorrow morning. Naturally, I will be in Riverton running my race. I really wish I could be there, but let’s be honest I do more of the coaching than actually playing. We really have a great team. But, if we win we play next Thursday for the championship. Which I will not miss.
- If we win the championship will be the first championship I’ve once since taking the Sixth Grade Special Ed Spelling Bee.
- You think I’m joking don’t you? You’d be wrong.
- My friends don’t make it easy missing out on the Ogden Marathon. They just keep getting more and more excited and I am excited for them. I really do kinda wish I was running with them. But, I am excited to run the Ironwill Half on May 17th as well.
- Next Wednesday I am giving a presentation to a group of women runners in Ogden about my story and how to keep running. I am really excited to share my story and motivate some people. I will most definitely share my experience next week.
- So I already lost out on my billion dollar bracket on the first game of March Madness. And, I had so many plans for that money.
- For one, I was going to buy a house with two pools (indoor AND outdoor), start my own three-legged dog breeding service, buy a zoo, buy the Utah Jazz, buy some pizza and then probably get chocolate wasted. I love getting chocolate wasted.
- Oh, and I would also get all my nasty loose skin removed as well. You have no idea how annoying it is to run and it sounds like your gut is giving you a standing ovation. But, if I didn’t get the loose skin removed, I would most definitely look into getting pockets graphed into the skin. You can never have enough pockets.
- But, alas, those dreams are dead in the moment. Hopefully the billion dollar offer is still good next year so that can give me a year to do some hardcore scouting and prepping for 2015’s March Madness.
- I never win March Madness brackets if you’re wondering. Never.
- I love lists (hence this post), but I absolutely love this list about food facts. So interesting.
- The new Muppet movie came out today … and … guess who’s going to go see it? THIS GUY!
- I’m a total Muppet nerd. But, I am particular about my Muppet movies. Everything after Muppets Take Manhattan is kind of hit and miss. I am not a fan of Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island. But, I do like Muppets from Space. I miss Jim Henson.
- My favorite Muppet movie is The Great Muppet Caper.
- I feel like I bring up the Muppets a lot. But, you know what? I love them. Sometimes I feel like “Man or Muppet” was written about me.
- I wonder what I would like as a Muppet?
- This is pretty funny.
- This is why I love the San Jose Sharks. Well, besides the fact that their mascot is an actual shark.
- You know, I am really excited for Shark Week already and there’s still about 5 months left. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. IT’S NEVER GOING TO COME!!!
- If you are wondering (and I know you are) my favorite shark is the Great White Shark. I know that’s cliche. But, my least favorite shark is the hammerhead shark. Totally overrated.
- Now I kind of want to watch Sharknado.
- Some of the vegetarian recipes look really good. Gosh, now I’m hungry! Actually, I’m always kind of hungry.
- I’m kind of playing with the idea of going vegetarian again in the summer. Not sure if I want to it again? Decisions, decisions.
- It really wasn’t that hard doing and I found I didn’t really need or crave meat. Plus, it was a good way trying new foods when I ate out. I grew a strong distain for Boca Veggie Burger options at restaurants. Boca burgers should be outlawed.
- Oh, Florida …
- Yeah, Greece!
- Oh, Canada!
- I want to throw a Canada Day party with flapjacks, Canadian bacon and real maple syrup to boot. How does that sound, eh?
- For being a quarter Canadian I feel like I should like hockey more than I do. Sure, I’m a San Jose Sharks fan, but let’s be honest I am more of a fan of the mascot than what they do on the ice.
- I do like Zambonis though.
- And, the Mighty Ducks movies … so there’s that.
- I kind of want to run a race in Canada. Naturally with my friend Robert Merriman.
- I have so many books I want to read right now. Becky got me to get Apolo Ohno’s biography and then I got the Terry Fox story as well. But, right now I am ready a NBA history book. Yeah, you heard me right. I am a huge NBA/sports history nerd. As a kid I read Sports Encyclopedias for fun. Yep, once again you heard me right.
- I really am a nerd when it comes to my hobbies … running, Disney, Muppets, Sports History and killer whales.
- Have I mentioned how excited I am about running tomorrow morning? Like, really excited!
Well, I think that’s it for me today. I hope you all have a great weekend watching college basketball, relaxing and of course running! HAPPY RUNNING!!!