FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! Today couldn’t have come soon enough. It’s just been one of those weeks. One of those looooooooooong, long weeks. If it wasn’t for a couple of amazing runs and workouts I probably could have been certifiably crazy.
But, alas, we are here.
This weekend is going to be pretty busy and fun. I’ve got a lot of running planned as well as ghost investigating. The two usually don’t mix well, because that means late nights and early mornings. And, this weekend is not going to be any different.
Except that I am running two half marathons tomorrow. Well, I am sweeping both races. I am running the Haunted Half in Provo in the morning and then the Howloween Half Marathon in Provo later that night. So, what would I call it? An all-day marathon?
It will be different from my feat in July when I ran the Midnight Half followed by the Farmington Days Half, but nonetheless a challenge. Especially since I have a ghost investigation with my brother the night before at Fort Douglas and then one on Saturday night. I’m not sure if I’ll be awake for the Saturday investigation after a day of running on little sleep. But, we’ll see what happens.
I love these challenges. I think they’re good for me to do ever so often. Not just for the benefit of burning calories, but the mental aspect of doing something hard. Doing two half marathons in day really is prep for me to take on my 50 miler in March, because pushing through fatigue is mental, physical and emotional. And, I’ll get that tomorrow.
Plus, doing two half marathons isn’t like doing one marathon. I’ve got about six hours in between the two races and that’s just long enough for my legs to get stiff and not wanting to work. Mentally, I’ll need to show up more than anything.
But, there ‘s lots to be excited about this weekend after such a long and eventful week. And, as usual here are few other things that caught my attention this week.
- This woman, Christina Lee, is crossing the U.S. from coast to coast. My friend Jorge spotted her in Wyoming last week and as she crossed across Utah he’s helped make her stay memorable and welcoming. I love runners. Such an awesome community.
- I’m seriously contemplating about making this my 50 mile ultra marathon instead of the Antelope Island 50 miler. But, we’ll see. I need to make a decision here within a week or so.
- Jill and I ran the hills of Bountiful on Tuesday night. It was magically tough.
- Speaking of magical. I had a dream the other night that I was chased by a rainbow tornado (I know figure that one out) ridden by Lucky the Leprechaun who started passing out Lucky Charms to me and my family. Apparently, I gotta lay off the Lucky Charms??!?!?
- But, if we’re talking about cereal here, can we talk about how awesome Boo Berry cereal is this time of the year.
- Oh sugar cereals how I love how you wreck my diet.
- If you haven’t noticed (which I hope you have), I have redesigned my bloggy blog a bit this past week. The biggest change is the new background along with some new graphics. I’m excited about the changes and I hope you enjoy them.
- So this happened to Free and I last Sunday. We need to better coordinate our shirts apparently?!
- The new NBA season tips off this upcoming week. I’m pretty excited to see how the Jazz develop this year. I’ll always be a huge NBA nerd, but sadly I don’t have enough time to get wrapped up into as use to. But, I am excited to see how Kanter fits in with Gobert developing ahead of schedule AND I am excited to see how all of the young parts fit and grow. It will be a long season for the Jazz, but also one that will indicate how our future will look.
- I am also excited to follow the Cavs’ storyline and see how LeBron’s return and the addition of Kevin Love mesh. I won’t lie. I wouldn’t feel bad if they won the championship. Cleveland deserves. And, I like Cleveland LeBron SO MUCH better than Miami LeBron.
- Oh, and of course I can’t wait to see what the Clippers do this year with a new owner and focus. As some of you might know, I’ve rooted for the Clippers now for over 23 years. I can’t tell you why or how it started, I just liked them since I was a little kid (strange I know). So, I’m PRAYING for a championship this year. I would LOVE that!
- Sooooo … I did this with my morning snack the other day.
- Yesterday I blogged about how I applied principles of running to my work life. It really has made a difference in my productivity.
- I kinda hate Halloween. I’m just going to leave it at that.
- After the attack on the Canadian Parliament this week, this video of Kevin Vickers entering the House of Commons is rather touching. Very emotional indeed.
- It’s such a sad commentary that our world is becoming such an unsafe place. Yet, at the same time people like Kevin remind us that there are still good people out there.
- And, then there’s THIS. I might be getting all emotional here.
- I haven’t signed up for a race lately and it’s making me somewhat nervous.
- If you have a hard time staying away from food while dieting, try reading this post.
- Okay, I’m sorry, some of those things are LIKE really, really gross. Except for maybe that Bacon Popcorn and I would totally try crocodile egg ice cream. Why not? It’s not like it’s made up ground up little crocodiles, right?
- But, this? No.
- Sometimes I think that I have a pickle problem. But, then again I don’t think I do. Don’t normal people eat ginormous amounts of pickles?
- I love the word ginormous.I really do.
- This is another reason why I hate “REALITY” television. If you even want to call it that?
- We’re in the midst of the World Series and it’s all tied up at a game a piece. After my Giants looked great in game one with a win they followed it up with a dud in game two. But, the series moved to San Francisco for the next three games and I am praying for a Giants’ sweep!
- Speaking of the San Francisco Giants and Kansas City Royals here are a couple awesome articles on the Giants and Royals you might not know.
- Anyways … GO GIANTS!
- Interesting (and sad) story on Northern White Rhinos. There are only six left in the world. But, go read the comments … some people actually believe that there are only six rhinos left in the world. Oh, boy …
- I took this personality test and it turns out I am ENFJ. Not sure what that means? But, it probably means I’m awesome or something?
- So I found CAFFEINATED hot chocolate at Maverik the other night … AND THE MORMONS REJOICED!
- And, I am going to leave you this week with this picture of a three-legged goat.
Welp, that’s about it for me this week! Have a fun and safe weekend and as always … HAPPY RUNNING!!!