I am not going to lie, I am going to hate seeing October come to an end. It’s been a fun and eventful month. I’ve ran the St. George Marathon, paced the Pink Series Half in Park City, swept both Haunted Half races in SLC and Provo and the Howloween Half last weekend after running the Provo Haunted Half earlier in the morning. It’s really been a fun month of running.
And, now it’s over.
That’s okay, I guess … ??? Because, November should be a fun month of running as well. I am running The Burn tomorrow morning and then next week I am running the Saltair Half in Magna and on Thanksgiving, the now traditional, Thankful 13. The Thankful 13 will be the last race of the year for me. I am taking December off from racing (not running) so that I can be ready for the early January races … and possibly the St. George Half later that month.
I started going over my race schedule with a fine pin comb this past week. My goal is to hit my 100th race on my birthday at the Park City Half Marathon on August 15th. So, that means from the Thankful 13 to then I can only run 16 races. I say that so nonchalantly. But, it’s harder than you think. Again, I say that so nonchalantly.
My focus is running half marathons next year, but I am planning on running a 50 miler earlier in the year as well. For a couple of reasons … because it’s on my Honey Bucket List and because I like the idea of working towards a running goal throughout the winter. It’s an incentive to stay fit throughout Christmastime, let’s be honest.
But, I am excited for next year’s racing schedule. It will be yet another adventure that’s for sure! If you want to see what my planned races for 2015 just click here. Maybe we’re running some of the the same races? I’m always up for making more running friends! So let me know!
I feel like I should also acknowledge the day while we’re at it. Yes, today is Halloween. And, yes, I hate Halloween. Like, legitimate hate. I’ve never been a fan of dressing up. If forced to dress up I take the lazy approach to it (meaning, throw on a superhero t-shirt and call me Batman). Plus, Fat Josh has too many memories of overeating Tootsie Rolls and Nerds on Halloween night and waking up with a candy hangover.
So, yeah, there’s my acknowledgement. I’ll just leave it at that.
Anyways, here are a few other things this past week that caught my attention …
- GO GIANTS!!! I am beyond ecstatic that they won the other night. I was out with my friend Dave so I stopped at 7 Eleven to listen to the last three outs. It was intense! As you can see by this video.
- That’s three titles in five years for the Giants.
- This was somewhat awkward at the end of the game when MadBum was presented with his new car.
- But, really, I am stoked that the Giants won. Now, if we can just get my Cubbies a championship now!
- Oh, we also need to talk about the riots in San Francisco. That’s still a thing, right?
- For the past 17 years I’ve always wondered what would have happened to Salt Lake City if the Jazz won one of the two Finals against Chicago. Would we have rioted? Could you imagine what a SLC riot would look like? The thought is quite comical to me.
- I ran a 5K last night pushing my buddy Reese. It was a fun little run on the Legacy Parkway Trail.
- If you want to know what the fox says … read through this article.
- I drove past this “accident” on Wednesday afternoon here on the U of U campus. All, I have to say is … HOW IN THE … ?!??! I can understand the bridge (somewhat), but driving down the stairs? Oy.
- I feel like this was written for me. Thank you people who hate Halloween!
- The NBA season started this past week. And, well, the Jazz are 0-2. No surprise there, right? But, I’ve actually really enjoyed watching them play. It’s going to be fun to see how Coach Snyder develops them along.
- You know what else came out this week? 1989. And, well, don’t judge me.
- I’m glad that God didn’t make me a praying mantis.
- If I gain weight today, it’s going to be because of THESE! Oh, delicious Peeps, I love you!
- Some of these are pretty cool, especially #6. Oh, and those two kittens in the dish. I want them.
- I got tricked into eating a ghost pepper chip yesterday. My mouth still burns.Oh, the humanity!
- This should make you feel smarter. It did to me.
- Oh man, why did I click on this link? I NOW NEED ME SOME ICE CREAM!!!
- A company that I ordered something from last week, mailed me a mug! Now I have something new to put my Postum in! WOOT! WOOT!
- Honestly, I can’t even tell you the name
- Good for him. But, not sure if $10,000 of tuition is going to make a dent in any tuition bill. But, still … cool.
- Sometimes I think I need to stop working out with my phone on me. I’d probably stop taking selfies like this?
- But, I won’t ever stop taking selfies like these ones! NEVER!
- I dare you not to laugh at these. They are all pretty hilarious.
- So apparently BuzzFeed believes that my ashes should be spread in Disneyland. I tend to agree.
- What I really want to do in Disneyland is go ghost hunting there. Like, really bad. You just know that there are thousands of spirits there that went there after they died. I mean, why would not go to Disneyland after dying?
- I also really need a Mickey Waffle now.
- And, I now need a ride down Splash Mountain.
- And, I need more vacation time.
- But, I save that vacation time for RUNNING!!!
Welp, that’s it for me this week and October for that matter. Have a safe Halloween and if you’re going to a costume party please dress responsibly. And, by that I mean, kittens were never meant to be sexy. I’ll leave it at that.
Anyways … HAPPY RUNNING!!!