I am actually attending my c’niece’s (cousin niece) baptism at 10am. It’s kind of early for a traditional baptism in the Mormon culture (usually evening or afternoon), but her Grandma lives in Russia and they’re going to be Skyping the service over there. Pretty cool actually.
I can’t believe that she is already eight years old. I remember when she was just a newborn … well … eight years ago. Time has flown by SO fast! I am excited to see her continue to grow up and make all of those big grown decisions. And, to think in another eight years she’ll be driving.
Anyways, the break will actually be pretty good for me since I’ve ran so much the past 7-8 weeks. I don’t need to have a long run this week and, quite frankly, my body doesn’t need another one. So I’ve taken the week off from running. I haven’t slacked on pumpin’ iron though. Just my tired ‘ol legs.
I mentioned last week about doing some themed weeks and next week I am doing a whole week about Thanksgiving. I haven’t finalized all of my posts, but I will have a post a day that deals or is loosely related to Thanksgiving. It should be fun.
Anyways, here are a few other things this past week that caught my ever distracted attention …
- This past week marked the fifth anniversary of the day that I took my first conscious step towards my weight-loss journey. The day I told myself, “NO MORE EXCUSES” and just worked at it.
- It’s been interested looking at where this journey has taken me and I am SO grateful that it brought me to the running community. I don’t know of any other community that is so accepting, motivating and fun then the running community. I lucked out.
- I am working on itemizing my Twitter and Instagram accounts. Just as an FYI I still have my @running180 accounts for the bloggy blog, but I am moving more of my private off of those accounts and onto accounts. You can follow me on Twitter @joshyoutwitface and Instagram @joshagramz.
- Also the @running180 account on Instagram will start posting pictures from past races as well. I kinda want that to be THE PLACE for my race pictures. We’ll see how this all turns out.
- Still figuring out what the @running180 Twitter account will be all about, but mainly running and where I post my blog stuff and Facebook content from my timeline. So really that stuff won’t change. I’ll just actually be MORE active on Twitter on my other account.
- Oh, I did start a parody account on Instagram called @joshuasjunkinhistrunk. The idea came last weekend when Sonja, Cathy and Becky went through the Runsmobile’s trunk and commented on … how much junk is in my trunk. So, one thing led to another and here I am show casing all the stuff in my trunk. Enjoy?
- Did you get all of that?
- You know … I learned a valuable over on the Twitter this week. Don’t click on all hashtags. Um, I didn’t know it was possible, but my view of Kim Kardasian has sunk even lower. She was trying to #breaktheinternet by posting full frontal picture of herself all over Twitter, etc.? Just gross.
- I might be sounding like an old prude, but I don’t care. Pornography is pornography and it harms. Stunts like this just desensitize society even more to it. Sex has a time and a place … not in everyone’s face. Again … gross.
- I could probably dedicate the rest of this post to this … once again, gross.
- So, this kind of stole my heart this week. OH THAT PIGLET! I might just need to adopt it.
- So I made this the other day for dinner. Um, yeah, it tasted better than it looked.
- There’s really no point in me sharing this article … but hey … PLATYPUSES!
- Oh gosh, this doesn’t really help me with avoiding booking a Disneyland vacation.
- This makes that urge even worse.
- And … this is why I don’t go to Six Flags.
- I am making PINK Oreo Rice Krispy Treats for my c’niece’s baptism tomorrow morning. I should have mentioned that above, but I am too lazy to fix all of that. Meh.
- This list is really interesting and quite sad.
- Oh, yeah, so Mother Nature had the nerve to do THIS yesterday. Ugh, I hate snow.
- I really don’t know if I needed to know who invented the brownie, but I am sure glad I know now. If I ever get myself on Jeopardy I am sure this will be vital knowledge as I play towards my millions of dollars.
- Waffle Art.
- Geez, I should start an Instagram account called Waffle Art and post nothing, but … well … waffle art.
- Some of these stories are pretty sad to read. I’ve always had a problem with for-profit colleges like Everest, etc. I am glad I went the route of SLCC and SUU.
- Okay, now that I depressed and saddened you here’s this to make up for it.
- Okay, and how here’s this one too.
- My true love?
- I need to memorize this list.
- I kind of feel like I need to add this on my Christmas wishlist this year, no?
Welp, that’s going to be it for me this week. I hope you have a fun weekend and whether you are running or not … HAPPY RUNNING!!! Check back next week for a week of gobble gobbling!