Welp, it’s the end of Thanksgiving Week here on the bloggy blog. I hope you learned a thing or two? I hope you enjoyed it. I’ll be having a Christmas Week on the week of December 14th. So stay tuned.
Oh, and the Joshby Awards are coming up soon as well. I’ll keep you posted on that one.
This past week has been a fun and busy week. After a week of not running I’ve put some good mileage in on the ‘ol legs. I am also running roughly 13 miles or so tomorrow running up Butterfield Canyon (the same route as The Burn that I ran a earlier this month with Jill).
I should be around 20 or so running miles with a bunch of walking miles. I’ve really been focusing on my daily steps and besides Wednesday I have made an effort to get at least 10,000 steps in a day.
- Need ideas for recipes this Thanksgiving? Check this article out. There is a recipe from each of the 50 states … and DC and PR.
- This is how I want to celebrate Thanksgiving next year … WITH TACOS!!!
- Now this is something you should read if you’re a lazy cook. Consider it my holiday gift to you.
- I really love this article about gratitude. Give it a read.
- This is really interesting … this guy tries to “Ice Cream” Thanksgiving. Just watch.
- I’ve been trying to get more steps in during the day. One thing I’ve done is park as far away from my work as possible and then walk. It’s added some steps, but it makes me look kinda loony parking so far away. Kinda like those people in fancy sport cars who don’t want it to be dinged.
- I’m not a coffee drinker, but if there is that much sugar and fat in these Lattes and special coffee drinks I can only imagine how much sugar and fat is in one of those made with hot chocolate. Oy!
- You know I kinda wish that places like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts had Postum or Pero as an option. Especially for us Mormons or non-coffee drinkers. Or if there was a non-coffee drink that tasted like coffee … but wasn’t coffee. And, I’m not just talking about decaf here folks.
- I should start my own Postum Coffeehouse. Or would that be a … Postumhouse? It will have all the bells and whistles of a Starbucks, but without coffee.
- Oh, and I’d also sell my rice krispy treats at the Postumhouse as well.
- Oh man, I think I am onto something here? I could it something like … Moroni’s Postumhouse? Or, Brigham’s Postumhouse? Oh, oh, oh … how about J. Golden’s Postumhouse? I love this idea BREWING in my head.
- Can you brew Postum? Okay, I’m done here.
- I got a haircut this past week here’s visual proof.
- You want to know something? Not a fan of cupcakes. In fact I kind of think they are overrated. But, these actually look pretty cool. Especially for Thanksgiving.
- And, as you know too well … I am a Rice Krispy Treat man myself.
- Speaking of which, I made these for my c’niece’s baptism this past Saturday per her request … Pink Oreo Rice Krispy Treats. Pretty tasty. I’ll be sharing the recipe on Sunday. Stay tuned. But, let’s just say … some of this action happened and it was life changing.
- This is a pretty funny post. It will make you chuckle on multiple occasions.
- Lumbersexual? That’s a thing? Ooooooook, society.
- Oh dogs, I can relate with MANY of these stories. But, really, they’re so much better than cats. Cats are always plotting your demise. Let’s me honest here.
- This is kind of amazing …
- I think I was born in the wrong decade. And, here I thought Southwest and JetBlue were great.
- You have to admit these suggested warnings from Netflix are pretty funny.
- Um, I want superpowers.
- This roller coaster looks fun.
- Even though I have no backstory or reason to share this picture, I think it just needs to be noted that this kid is one of the cutest kids ever brewed up in a wound.
- Well that is until I start getting involved in the kid making business of course.
- But, still … THAT FACE!
- Speaking of Koko, at least three times this past week she has proposed to me. Yes, full out … will you marry me Joshawalla? I’ve said yes all three times, but I had to clean up some when she found out I had a date last week. I won’t lie, I felt like I cheated on her. I love that kid.
- And, this a love letter she “wrote” to me.
- I’m not a savvy mechanic-type (for many good reasons), so these make me laugh. If something is wrong with my car … it’s going to the shop. I’m not fixing it.
- This is good to know, but I’m waiting for the 10lbs. brickphones to be in style again.
- I’ve blogged about my experience eating at the Sears Burrito cart. but there’s a place from the stand about half a mile away that makes SUSHI BURRITOS. Yep, you heard me right. I’ve been there twice and I love it. I feel like sometime in the upcoming week I need to blog about my experience. It just needs to happen.
- Oh, here’s the Sushi Burrito on 8th’s website. Thank me later.
- Wow, turkey is really happening next week isn’t it?
Welp, that’s it for me this week. I won’t be posting much next week, but I will post my race recap on Friday from the Thankful 13 … just not a Fartlek Friday. I know disappointing, right? But, I think we should live, right?
And, as just a reminder I won’t be blogging between the week of Christmas Eve to New Years Eve-ish. That’s my yearly sabbatical time where I don’t do (hardly) anything with the blog and just spend time with family and friends. I’m sure I’ll post my New Year’s resolutions sometime between that week … just don’t expect it.
Anyways, Thanksgiving first. Gobble, gobble.