Hello Friday, how are you? It’s been a while (technically seven days). This past week has been an adventurous, busy and memorable week … while still in full marathon training mode. It’s been a challenge, but my weekly mileage will be around 40 miles. I’m not dead so that’s going for me.
This past week has been my family reunion and as I posted yesterday Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, one of the 12 Apostles for the LDS Church, spoke at the family fireside. It was a really cool experience and I had the opportunity to also get a selfie with Elder Holland. Which I explained in yesterday’s post. Then there’s the whole llama selfie as well (again reference yesterday’s post).
But, I swear I’ve been busier than just running and taking selfies with Elder Holland and llamas. The family reunion was from Wednesday to tonight and then on Tuesday my friend Dave and I hung out together playing basketball, eating at a Chinese buffet (it’s amazing how much you DON’T eat at a buffet when you’re a vegetarian and on a diet, but it was what Dave wanted) and going to a Zeal party. It’s been a fun/busy week thus far.
Tomorrow I am planning on doing a 20 mile run in Herriman with my RA group. I’d say I am excited, but I am also all kinds of nervous and scared. Well, I am not that scared or nervous, but it’s probably somewhere in the middle? Nervcared? Scarvous? Either way, I just need to make sure I keep myself hydrated and fueled properly, because it’s one of my two longest runs before my marathon.
I’ll be taking an ice bath for sure tomorrow after the run. I also think I’ll need a Sears Burrito for my troubles. Those two things are definitely in the cards. But actually, I probably shouldn’t have another Sears Burrito because I had one yesterday night.
Still … it just seems like the right thing to do.
I am really (and by really I mean … really, really, really, really, really, really) looking forward to this upcoming week. It’s once again going to be another busy week. But, I’ll be working the Salt Lake Comic Con’s FanX, managing some ghost hunts and then the running the Salt Lake Half Marathon as well. It’s going to be exhausting, but fun. Though, I am totally looking forward to it!
Besides preparing for next week and my 20 miler tomorrow there have been a few other things that have caught my fancy. Including some of the following …
- This is just amazingly poignant and touching.
- My parents celebrated their 40th anniversary on Wednesday. I commemorated their marriage in a post. I wrote about a few of the lessons their marriage has taught me about life.
- I really could have provided more than just five lessons. To be honest with you I could write a whole book on those lessons. Maybe some day I will? Of course after I finish my current book.
- I think I’ll call that book, “I am my parents’ son” … and I’ll just write about the horrible things I did to my parents and how they restrained from putting up for adoption.
- I smell a bestseller.
- Wednesday also marked two years since my Mom had her double mastectomy. I really can’t believe it has been two years. It really seems like it all happened last year. Sometimes I wonder if we’re sure it’s not still 2013.
- You’ve got to watch all 3:05 minutes of this video and not tell me you want a horse.
- Now I kinda want a meerkat as well …
- I am never going to complain about running a marathon or even a 50, 75 or 100 miler ever. This guy is amazing!
- My Grandma is cool, but I want her to be this cool.
- Please remember that my birthday is August 15th.
- These are always fun.
- I’m not sure if I’d eat any or all of these, but it’s certainly something worth bookmarking. I’d definitely be all over #26.
- Here’s a good reason NOT to eat processed meats.
- Notice I didn’t say vegetarian. Even though I don’t eat meat, doesn’t mean I won’t again in the future or look down on others that do. But, I feel that it’s important with ANY food, but especially meat, that you know your source. The closer it is to you the better.
- Don’t get me started about hot dogs though. Yuck.
- I find this list mesmerizing and addicting. I want to be a Walla Wallan. But, not a Las Vegan. That just sounds gross.
- Oh, how I love baseball.
- If you ever wonder about my fandom in baseball it goes something like this– First and fourth most I am a Giants fan. Then a Cubs fan, because I served my mission there and well, when they don’t win there’s really no chance of you having to pit them against your favorite team. Then I like the A’s and Angels, mainly because I like California and those two areas in California. And, then there’s the Mets. Not sure why I like them, but they’re not the Yankees so that’s probably it? Does that make sense?
- Oh, and sometimes I root for the White Sox. Sometimes.
- This is kind of interesting speaking of baseball.
- I want one.
- Interesting fact about Ben & Jerry’s Flavor Graveyard. The Creme Brulee flavor was Fat Josh’s FAVORITE flavor. I have mixed emotions about it’s passing. On one hand I am extremely sad to see it go, but then on the other hand it’s probably best that it’s gone.
- When I was in college and would go grocery shopping I would buy my grocery and then always two things of Creme Brulee ice cream. One, I eat pretty much once I got home and then the other would stay in my fridge for later … which was usually the next day.
- Do you ever wonder how I got to weigh over 400lbs?
- POLAR BEARS!
- Have I mentioned how excited I am getting to run the Salt Lake Half Marathon next weekend? I am REALLY excited!
- Salt Lake really would be the start of running season because after that I have my 30K (April 26), Provo City (May 3), Vigor Big Cottonwood (May 10), Ironwill (May 17) and the Alpine 5K (May 24). Lots of running in May.
- June I am still trying to line up. I am running the Utah Valley Marathon, but I am not sure if I want to run the next weekend at American Fork Canyon? My feet might have fallen off at that point … so … who knows? We’ll see. I’ll have to make a decision here soon.
- I am really feeling a need for an out of state run.
- I am not sure why I posted that?
- Oh, gosh my Mom is going to say something about that. Just wait …
- Bucket O’ Puppies!!!
- If I ever own a pet store I am totally naming it Bucket O’ Puppies.
- As a fan of bananas this is a pretty awesome list. In my college days I took a public speaking class and we had to give four different types of presentations on one topic of our choosing. My topic? BANANAS!
- I got a B in that class. A B for BANANAS!
- Well, that I only presented three of my four presentations. But, a B seems fitting.
- Did you know that the average American eats 30lbs. of bananas a year? Sometimes I wonder if I am closer 60?
- I love straight up bananas, bananas with peanut butter, bananas dipped in honey, bananas dipped in Nutella, bananas in my cereal, bananas in my protein shakes, bananas in milkshakes (not so much any more), bananas in milk, banana milk, banana cream pie, bananas foster, frozen bananas, chocolate-dipped bananas and yes even sometimes plantains.
- If you read that list in a Forrest Gump voice you wouldn’t be the only one.
- Speaking of Forrest Gump I feel like running right now.
Well, I think it’s time for me to bid adieu. I hope you have an awesome weekend, especially Friday. And, hopefully you have something awesome planned for tomorrow. Whether it’s running, biking, skipping or tripping … be safe and have fun! And, as always … HAPPY RUNNING!!!