You know you’re an addicted runner when you’re not even half way through the year and you’re already planning next year’s calendar. So what if I have a problem? Besides I am a tad bit OCD when it comes to calendars. I love them. I crave them. I need them. Ok, that right there is a problem.
But, my biggest thing is that I want to make sure I stay on track with my running and goal towards 180 races. By the end of this year I should be done with around 80 or so? That still leaves me with about 100 or so more races to go. Totally doable by my 40th birthday, but still I love running, especially racing. And, odds are I’ll safely meet that goal before I even sniff 40.
I guess that’s kind of the goal within the goal?
But, yep, I’ve already marked up a 2015 calendar and it probably won’t be the last. This one I guess you could consider the ROUGH DRAFT. I’ve listed all the holidays and birthdays and then of course then GENERAL dates for most races I want to run next year.
The one race I want/need to run is the Drop 13. I’ve wanted to run that since last year. It’s a half marathon down Big Cottonwood Canyon (only my favorite canyon to run down) and last year I couldn’t do it because American Fork Canyon Half was that same weekend. So this year I avoided signing up for AF and instead went with Utah Valley. Well they switched and Drop 13 was now on the same weekend as Utah Valley this year.
So, I am planning on just waiting my June races out, because I feel horrible if I ever miss a race down Big Cottonwood Canyon. Don’t judge me, you know you have your favorite running places as well. But, then again, I also wouldn’t blame you for judging me either. I’m a runner, we’re kinda irrational and attached to random things like that (lets not talk about my running bottle).
But, it’s kinda fun starting to look and see how 2015 could possibly shape up. I would love to travel to a couple races if I could. Probably not any Disney races at the moment. Entry for one race kills like TWO paychecks. But, I would love to run in Chicago, New York, the Bay Area and of course Oregon. I need to start shipping away on my Honey Bucket List.
But, before I can really focus on 2015, I still need to finish with what I want to do in 2014. I am still working towards my sub-two half marathon goal and I am still training for marathons. In all this year it looks like I will be running three marathons … Ogden, Utah Valley (June 14) and Big Cottonwood (September 13). I guess you could kinda consider my All-Night Marathon (July 11-12) as a pseudo-marathon. But, really it’s just back-to-back half marathons within six hours of each other.
So, there’s still a lot of running left and that’s AWESOME! I am really looking forward to the adventures I’ll have these next six months and next year. Sometimes you’ve just gotta go for the ride and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Anyways, here are a few other things that have caught my attention this past week …
- After grappling with the idea of running the Utah Valley Marathon or the half, I decided this past week to do the full. So, I have officially upgraded my entry and will be running 26.2 miles down Provo Canyon on June 14.
- The Utah Valley Marathon will also be my friend Elsha’s FIRST marathon! She is an amazing woman that is RELENTLESS to the nth degree. In fact the local news featured Elsha the other day and you just HAVE to watch her interview. It’s inspiring!
- Next Saturday Elsha and I are running a 5K together in Farmington and we’re also planning on running a half marathon or two this year. We have some ideas that we’re floating around to do as fundraisers as well! I am STOKED to run with her!
- If you want to buy any of the cards that she makes … you can buy them here! I already bought some! I’m now set for Christmas!
- Speaking of businesses, my brother and I started a business this past week. We’re still in the launching phase of everything, but we started a social media management company focused helping local small businesses. I am sure I’ll talk about it more next week, but I am excited. This is more of the realm I want to work in and I am excited to get started in the industry.
- The name that Free and I settled on was Like Bros. Media. There’s a story behind it that I’ll tell you sometime when you are older.
- Did you know that today is Turtle Day? (neither did I).
- While we are on the topic of turtles, there are really only three kind of turtles I like … Ninja Turtles, our family turtle and this turtle.
- Oh, I love do like chocolate turtles those are good.
- With all my hopes and dreams, I really HOPE I have kids like these!
- But, honestly, I am not looking forward to THIS.
- This made me laugh pretty good. Now I want a holiday …
- Since the Clippers are officially out of the playoffs I now have to find a new team to cheer for the rest of the playoffs. I can’t get myself to cheer for the Spurs or Heat … yet. The Thunder, no. Never. The Pacers seem like the best fit for right now.
- But, let’s be honest here, it’s probably going to be the Spurs-Heat in the Finals again. If that’s the case I’ll have to pray about who I choose … Miami Three-Peat or one last championship for Duncan? Luckily, I hate both teams equally.
- While on the topic of the Clippers and Donald Sterling and etc. I found this interview pretty interesting from Mavericks’ owner Mark Cuban. I can see how some comments were taken out of context or viewed as insensitive, but I think he nailed it on the head when it comes to prejudices in this country.
- Also speaking of the NBA, I’m glad that the Charlotte Hornets are back. But, let’s not be fooled they’re really just the Bobcats. Kinda like the old saying about putting makeup on pigs … just sayin’ …
- I still can’t get over the New Orleans Pelicans name though. Gross.
- These are all pretty cool! GO NATURE!
- I really need to travel more I’ve decided after reading that post
- EL NINO!!
- MORGAN FREEMAN ON HELIUM!!!!!
- Okay, that’s too much excited for me today.
- This is actually fairly fascinating. Oh, to be a sports fan before the radio.
- Sometimes I asked myself (and yes, I really do ask myself this. Just remember I am not normal) what baseball team I would cheer for in the early part of the 20th century (important questions right?). I think I’ve nailed my choices down to these three …
- Brooklyn Dodgers (because, hey Brooklyn’s cool!)
- Boston Red Sox (Not much of curse back then)
- Philadelphia Athletics (I just like the nickname Philly A’s)
- I’m sure if I was forced to pick I’d just wait until the Arizona Diamondback came into existence in about 80 years.
- Okay, so this was pretty much me five years ago. Let’s be honest.
- In all fairness to Fat Josh he’s taught me a thing or about life. I shouldn’t be so tough on him.
- But, then again he also put me in some sticky situations. And, by sticky situations I am talking about Cinnabun.
- I saw Godzilla last weekend in 3D! Yes, 3D it was EXTRA terrifying. Excellent popcorn movie. I won’t lie I really do like Godzilla movies and this to boot.
- Sometimes I can’t help by yell GODZILLA in a Japanese accent. I just can’t.
- I’d also like to think that other people do this too.
- In fact you are probably doing it right now.
- I feel better about myself.
- Oh how quickly this became a life necessity.
- Think of the kind of breakfasts you could make your kids. Mickey Mouse pancakes just became obsolete.
- This article doesn’t really interest me much, but the picture of that horse with the perfectly parted hair actually entertains me quite much.
- Oooooooooo … I want to go.
- I wonder who immersive they’ll go? How about a black plague? BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!
- Speaking of the black plague this is a pretty interesting read on Wikipedia.
- I love Wikipedia. A lot.
- These are pretty funny. I mean, I laughed out loud. Not, just LOL’d.
- I CRINGE watching people fall on ice. That’s one of my biggest fears in life.
- This list also includes getting bit by a snake while on the toilet, being chased by a moose and deer in general.
- Deer are never up and good. ANY. GOOD.
- I’ve made some bad decisions in my life, but nothing like … this.
- I totally understand … totally.
- Here’s just a small list of what I like putting ketchup on …
- Cottage Cheese.
- White Rice.
- EXTRA crispy hash browns.
- Macaroni and Cheese.
- Tomato sandwiches.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Chinese food.
- French fries.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Baked potatoes.
- Hot Dogs.
- I told you this was a short list.
- I now feel like I should buy this. Especially when I go out to eat or am invited to another person’s house.
- This video is pretty cool. Now I want to play with it.
- I love that this is a “thing” … this is me not wearing any makeup.
- Some of these are pretty creative. But … THIS!
- I love breakfast. Even though I’ve never been hungover maybe I should consider getting chocolate wasted to enjoy some of these delicious foods?
- This is just fascinating to me. I’m not even sure why?
- So these exist. And, so do these and these and these.
- Then of course there is this.
- Last year for my brother’s birthday I made him a cookie dough birthday cake. Well, I should say, a Half Baked Birthday Cake. The frosting was cookie dough inspired and the cake itself was a brownie cake. It was fatteningly delicious.
- I feel fat just looking at them.
- Remind me to buy a car if I ever move to Florida.
- I kind of want to read this book now.
- edfoefnenefnbejfbebfefoefnnjoenfoejfnf!!!! (that is not a Helen Keller jokes, just click on the link).
- Why, oh why?
- Why, oh why, oh why?
- I didn’t even know American Idol was still around?
- I really stopped watching American Idol about four years ago. I just got to a point where I was watching it to watch it. Nothing about it mattered to me, it wasn’t affecting me … so why spend 2-4 hours a week watching it? So I haven’t watched it since.
- I can’t even tell you who’s won the last few seasons and I am somewhat proud of that. The only one I know is whoever that one person is that sings that Home song that’s on practically every commercial.
- And, for the record I don’t know anything about The X Factor or The Voice. I kinda feel like I am showing my age … which I am fine with.
- But, in all honesty I just hate TV. Sure, I watch Netflix series, etc., but I can’t just park myself in front of the TV for hours on end. I can’t. TV is such a waste of time, especially when you’re talking about reality shows and mindless crap. That’s why I limit myself to Netflix or Hulu during my lunch hour. If that.
- Okay, I am really showing my age. Rant over.
- I think that’s probably a good place for me to stop this week?!
Anyways, have a great weekend! Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! I hope you have fun and hopefully a run planned? Anyways, Happy Friday! Happy Weekend! Happy Running!