I’ve been waiting for this weekend for quite a while. From what started as a failed plan last year will finally be realized this weekend. I am doing my first back-to-back half marathon. Excited and nervous all at the same time.
Last year my friend the Gabicas and I were going to do the Legacy Midnight Half and then hop into a car to Idaho Falls to run the Idaho Falls Half in the morning. But, Jill ended up getting a migraine after she ran the Legacy Midnight 5K and it kind of derailed those plans. Which I am fine with. I still got a t-shirt out of it.
But, I also knew that I wanted to do for sure this year. Luckily for me the Legacy Midnight Half is the night before the Farmington Days Half, which is down the street from each other. Well, less than a mile.
So after I run the Midnight Half my plan is to just go park over by the Farmington Days starting line and take a nap. It’ll almost be like my own Personal Ragnar in a way. I’ll either sleep on the grass or in my car before I have to pick up my race packet.
This is will be great. I am all kinds of excited.
I am going to have to figure out fueling, etc. between my races. I thought about packing food myself or going somewhere to eat that’s open late at night … solo trip to IHOP? Oh, gosh, as soon as I typed that I feel like that’s the answer. Stay tuned on that one. Don’t be too surprised if you start seeing pictures of pancakes popping all over my social media at like 2am.
Anyways, I am excited about this challenge. I need this challenge. And, I’m ready for it. I’ll have about a six hour rest between races so it shouldn’t be too bad. Plus, I am pacing the 2:30 group at the Midnight Half so I know I’ll be saving my legs for Farmington … which … will be slow I have no doubt about.
Besides this being the weekend of my back-to-back half marathon tomorrow is also my Yia-yia’s 88th birthday. We’re having a little family shindig with cake and ice cream and celebrating her basic awesomeness. I do have a little birthday post about her going up tomorrow morning. So, if you want to see how awesome she is for yourself check it out.
Even with as hot as this July is, I am really enjoying it. Just not running in it. I still have Timp and the DesNews Half coming up later this month. I also have a family reunion in Wyoming over Pioneer Day weekend. #totesexcited
Anyways, here are a few other things that
- Um, this is sad as well.
- If you haven’t already figured it out already today is National Slurpee Day at 7 Eleven. With my half tonight I think I will need a pre-run Slurpee. Also, probably 3 or 4 more servings throughout the day.
- My go-to Slurpee is the traditional cherry. But, I also LOVE the blueberry as well. Not a fan of the cola flavors.
- Soooo … this happened last Saturday. I have no shame.
- For a good laugh, click here.
- This Saturday is also Richard Simmons’ birthday and yesterday I wrote about the time I spent with him at his studio four years ago in Beverly Hills.
- Writing that post made me miss my Aunt Diane that much more.
- I feel for this kitten. I majorly feel for it. I got the feels for it.
- These are kind of interesting opinions and reviews about Seinfeld.
- You should probably bookmark this page for the next time you watch fireworks. I am sure your date will find it EXTREMELY romantic that you know the difference between kamuro and willow fireworks.
- I’m much of a soccer guy, but I’ve somehow gotten sucked into the World Cup. Watching Germany the other day BLOWOUT Brazil … in Brazil … was oddly somewhat satisfying.
- So apparently the loss is Mick Jagger’s fault?
- But, I think the best part about it was the fans reactions. Overreaction to a game, not just soccer. But, soccer is LIFE outside of the US. I’m kind of surprised there weren’t riots in the streets afterwards …
- I must admit I love #4 and that child’s ugly cry. So sad, so funny. But, I do love this though, what a cute little man. I want to adopt him as my grandpappy. I want to name him Papi Juan.
- Like, seriously, I want to adopt Papi Juan.
- Okay, so, I officially want to adopt a teacup pig. I’d name him Bacon Bits. A fennec fox would be cool too. Not sure about that baby looking deer? I’d probably find some way to kill me.
- Okay, now I want a tiger. Or a lion. Better yet … A LIGER!
- This absolutely gives me the feels! I LOVE IT! I GOT IT!
- I will give you this, I did ugly cry when the Jazz lost to the Rockets in the first round of the 1995 playoffs. It was game five and the Jazz were leading before the Rockets pulled ahead after David Benoit missed pretty much everything. I remember sitting in my car doing fast offerings on Sunday just crying and my mother looking at me not understanding how to console me. It was a tender and hilarious moment in my life.
- But, actually, the most hilarious moment involving my mom and car was when I was in the 4th grade and my Mom has to pull me out of the car (I had EXTREME social anxiety as a kid, go figure, right?) and in the process my flute fell out underneath the car and my Mom ran over and crushed it. To this day she still has no remorse. BUT, IT WAS MY FLUTE?!?!!
- I really excited for the new Planet of the Apes movie this weekend. I don’t know, but this is one movie I definitely geek myself on. Maybe it’s because I found myself rooting for the apes during the last film?
- This concept art for the Planet of the Apes is pretty dang awesome.
- This is pretty neat coming from a delayed Frontier Airlines flight. You know if the airlines bought the passengers the pizza they would have charged passengers $50 a slice.
- I know I shouldn’t, but I love this.
- Um, I’ll pass …
- This really makes me sad, mad and really upset. Just say NO to drugs people. JUST SAY NO! It won’t lead you anywhere good.
- I feel like I just channeled my inner-Nancy Reagan there.
- So, um, no …
- Oh … ‘Murica.
- I feel old.
- Oh, man sometimes I hate first dates. Actually, I generally do. So I found these pretty funny. One day, I’m going to have the BEST first date ever.
- I found this correlation between food logos and children’s BMI. I’m pretty sure as a fat little kid I was screwed because I always had an eye for graphic design and logos. I had no chance.
- I kind of just need to travel more, eh?
- Can someone please explain to me why I like this so much?
- In a way, I actually kind of hope that LeBron signs with the Cavaliers. Just so we don’t have to see Miami in the Finals AGAIN next year. Plus, I like Cleveland LeBron much better than Miami LeBron.
- If LeBron leaves for Cleveland I imagine Chris Bosh will go to Houston and D-Wade will stay in Miami. I can’t see Wade going anywhere else.
- It will also be interesting to see what Carmelo Anthony does. It wouldn’t surprise me if he stays in New York or jumps to the Lakers. Even more reason to hate the Lakers I suppose?
- But, in the end, it doesn’t really matter when the Jazz suck. I miss 1997 and 1998. One day … I have faith.
- These are pretty clever.
- Take me to a YARD SARD!
- Um, I love breakfast. Is it alright for me to profess my love for breakfast here. Like, if I could marry breakfast I #totes would. Just sayin’ …
- Um, I also have a love for this food too.
- Well, actually, I like looking at that food, but in reality my heart will always belong to breakfast. Like, for reals.
- I always love me a little Disney read now and again.
- This is pretty sad yet inspiring.
- I’ve never been to the Mall of America, but I feel this immense need to go now, especially after reading this little diddy.
- Not to offend my Minnesotan readers (if there are any), but I feel like this is why you go to Minnesota?
- Well, I might actually go see a Twins game. When I was a kid I kinda worshipped Kirby Puckett. But, then again, I worshipped all fat baseball players because I was a fat little leaguer. They gave me hope.
- Speaking of baseball and Minnesota, the MLB All-Star game is this upcoming week. That should be … boring.
- I have an interesting relationship with baseball. I follow the standings and how my two favorite teams are doing Giants and A’s (I have a third, the Cubs, but why bother checking their record when you know they’re in the cellar?), but other than that I kind of tune out until September and October.
- I know that I am a horrible fan, but playing 162 games a season is just … soooooooo … long. I can’t imagine being a season ticket holder and going to 81 home games. That’s about the same length of a regular season of the NBA and NHL!
- I’m such a casual fan, I’ll admit that.
- But, I have to say, I do hate the Yankees. Always will, always have. Even if my Dad and brother are fans. I did go to Yankee Stadium before they closed it about seven years ago. That was neat. But, yeah … hate the Yankees.
- That’s why I love this story of a Yankees fan suing ESPN about remarks made while he was sleeping … SLEEPING … at a Yankees/Red Sox game. I can understand a Yankees/Royals game, but a rivalry game? In the 4th inning?
- Okay, I might have done the same thing. Let’s be honest here.
- Hey learn something here.
- This is a really interesting article about Chinese foot binding.
- These deaths are pretty interesting. I want to go the way of Moses and be translated though.
- You know if I was going to die, I’d want to go out a winner.
- I wouldn’t want to go out on a Segway at all. You wouldn’t catch me dead on one of those things. Oh wait …
- I also don’t want to die as an idiot either. Another example.
- Okay, I should just link you to the Darwin Awards and rest my case.
- I don’t find this article particularly interesting … but … WHALES!
- So this is a good reminder not to do meth.
- Um, no.
- Oh, gosh, I love San Francisco. I need to get back there sooner than later.
- Interesting concept, but weren’t smart phones basically outlawed while driving here in Utah.
- Oh gosh, I watched these cartoons and somehow remained naive? How?
- I’m still pretty naive, but that’s a post for a whole other day.
- #2, #13 and #31 make me wanna hurl … oh, Walmart, why?
- RESCUE PUPPIES!!!
- ANIMAL FRIENDS!!!
- SEA TURTLES!!!
- SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION!!! or should I yell MORGAN FREEMAN!?!?!
- Being someone with an eye for design I found these logo swaps pretty fun and interesting.
- Oh gosh, I feel old now.
- Then again … I don’t. I once knew a hoarder that had too five poodles. They pooped all over in the basement. I helped clean it up. It was nasty.
- Then again they also had three ferrets that poop
- This gave a chuckle or two.
- I really shouldn’t have clicked on this link about junk food, so I am going to entice you to click here now and feel my agony. Just do it.
- If you need some enticement to click on that link, all I have to say is … Nutella Pizza. I’m not sure about the Pig Ear Nachos, but click for the Nutella Pizza. Trust me.
- This is just more proof that Utah is one nerdy place.
- Who doesn’t like a good wedding story, eh?
- Oooooohhhh … such a sad and happy post. I love elephants.
- Apparently I am a Recreational fisher according to this KSL quiz.
- Okay, I’ve spent some time down in New Orleans with Habitat for Humanity in the past and I have to say, I’ve always LOVED the colorful houses. You don’t see it anywhere else (well, where I have gone).
- Speaking of New Orleans this is sad and pathetic. But, if you do the crime, you gotta pay the time.
- Oh, yeah, don’t forget to grab that Slurpee today!
That’s about it for me this week. Now it’s off to running my back-to-back half marathons tonight and tomorrow morning and hopefully not die from the heat tomorrow during the Farmington Days Half.
We shall see.
Anyways, have a great weekend! And, as always … HAPPY RUNNING!!!