Happy Independence Day! What better day to have a day about America full of hot dogs, hamburgers and blowing things up then on a Friday? The 4th of July and Fridays were made for each other. You can’t tell me otherwise.
I really don’t have any real plans for the 4th per se. I am going to a neighborhood breakfast and that’s about it. Maybe even a run? I’m sure I’ll watch fireworks from my back porch in the evening. Simple holiday, no parties. And, I’m fine with that.
Besides, I’ve been partying with friends this week on Canada Day and then we will be running down Big Cottonwood Canyon tomorrow morning. There are two groups doing either 15 or 10 miles. I haven’t decided which one I will do. I am leaning towards 15 miles, but depending on how far I run today I might just do the 10. We shall see …
I do feel a need to do a late night run tonight to get my body somewhat used to running two legs so short together in preparation for my back-to-back half marathons next week. But, just as I was typing that sentence I remembered that I basically did the same thing at Ragnar last week. Soooo … just ignore this whole paragraph … it never happened.
I finalized my running schedule for the year … FINALLY. I signed up for the Layton Half Marathon on September 27th which will be as bridge between the Big Cottonwood Marathon and my Pink Series Half Marathon. I’ll have a week in between those races and the Layton Half.
I don’t know why I go back to running the Layton Half because each of the past two times that I’ve ran it I haven’t cared for it much. It’s kind of a boring run. But, it’s cheap and I actually really do love starting line on the causeway of Antelope Island (even if at mile two the lake stench will make you hurl).
I wish the half started on Antelope Island with the marathon and then ended at the causeway. Now, I would run that EVERY year. So, with that said … who wants to run with me?
The only races I need to sign up for still are the Thankful 13 and Utah Indoor Half Marathon. I am more than likely going to sign up for the Saltair Half in November, but it’s the same weekend as Ragnar Vegas and I kinda want to run that if I can so I can get the Saints n’ Sinners medal.
I’m a medal whore. Also a t-shirt slut. And, I have no shame.
But, I’m really excited about running the Thankful 13 because I will be running with my friend Elsha. This will be our first half marathon together. I’ve ran a 5K with her already, but not a half! #totesexcited.
Anyways, running is on my brain right now, but here are a few other things that have caught my attention this week …
- Whenever I think of the 4th of July I always think of Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Championship. It grosses me out, not to mention nervous just waiting for someone to die choking on one.
- Whenever I think of hot dogs now I can’t help but think of … THIS.
- See why I am a vegetarian? But, don’t worry, I wouldn’t even touch a Veggie Dog either. Not because they process it the same, but if you’re a vegetarian that needs to eat something that tastes like meat … then why are you a vegetarian? You made that choice already.
- Speaking of Independence Day, here’s a good little diddy about Benjamin Franklin.
- YEAH AMERICA!
- I’ve got NOTHING on any of these people. I need to step up my game.
- Besides Independence Day there was Canada Day this week as well! Here’s something I found kinda interesting about Canada.
- Here is one very Canadian dish I am not sure I want to partake of it … but still …
- Here are some other Canadian dishes for Canada Day.
- And, apparently according to this quiz, I should live in Quebec. Thanks?
- I can’t wait to have kids. I hope they are as creative like these kids.
- Speaking of kids, I put my six year old niece into tears this week after I gave her a University of Utah basketball jersey for her birthday. I felt bad for her, but laughed. This is what you get for not getting her My Little Ponies. Meh.
- There goes any chance at dethroning Free as the Favorite Uncle.
- These don’t look half bad … except for maybe that avocado frosting?!
- Oh, these are horrible. HORRIBLE. At least my engagement is going to be better than that.
- I applaud the families of those Israeli boys killed this past week who asked that the revenge attacks stop.
- Oooooo … I love this!
- Oooooo … I make bad decisions!
- So apparently my alter ego is a neo-pirate? Take the quiz.
- I really hate video games, but I love this video. Priceless. Now, go outside kid.
- I want this guy’s job.
- Oh gosh, I love Breaking Bad. I shouldn’t, but I do. I am sad I finished watching it already.
- Good question.
- Oh man, what I would have given to be there. Congratulations Uncle Joey!
- Children, children, children, children … why does this scare me?
- But, I would like a vacation … just sayin’
- Just not anywhere on this list.
- I’ve shared these in the past and finding more just strengthens that obsession. I love these now and then photos. LOVE!
- MICKEY MOUSE!!!
- ICE SCREAM!!!
- I LOVE TURTLES!!!
- BABY ANIMALS!!!
- I haven’t seen “The Fault in our Stars,” but this doesn’t really surprise me at all. And, by the way, something you should know about me … “A Walk to Remember” might be one of my favorite movies.
- And, ever since I’ve #totescrushed on Mandy Moore.
- It’s sad to read things like this, but I can only imagine what it’s like dealing with the pressure, public eye and fame that comes with being an actor. I wish Shia the best in his recovery.
- I don’t know how I should feel about this? I’m slightly intrigued, but mostly grossed out.
- I love unexplained dreams. These are basically the only things I remember. I wish they meant something sometimes?!
- I feel like I should leave this post off with … THIS.
Anyways, have a fun and save holiday! Especially be safe out there on the roads. But, more than anything … HAPPY RUNNNNNNNNNING!!!!