NEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! If you couldn’t tell I’m a TAD excited about this weekend. I’ve been looking forward all year to Nebo and now it’s FINALLY here! I might not be getting my elusive sub-two time, but I’m going for at least a YR (year record? There’s probably a better name for that? Cooler at least). I’m also using it as my launching pad for my sub-two goals of 2015 (I’ll blog about this later).
Needless to say … NEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
This past week has been a short, fun and crazy week. I always get these kind of weeks when there is a Monday holiday. The Tuesday back to work always ends up horrible. I call these Monuesdays. They’re the worst kind of work day. It’s basically when Monday invades Tuesday and makes life hell. I’m probably preaching to the choir here. BUT, on the other hand it’s also a four day work week. So … you get rewarded fairly quickly for those Monuesdays.
Speaking of holidays though, I kinda wish the federal government would take Fridays off instead of Mondays. I’d much more appreciate a Friday day off than a Monday. Nothing good happens on a Monday holiday. Nothing. I should rant about this sometime.
If you haven’t been paying attention to my blog lately, you’ll notice a couple new columns as of late. Last week I started a bi-weekly column called Josh Stories. They’re just stories about me. Most of them will be kid stories, but there will also be a number of teenage and college Josh stories in there as well. Except some funny, some thought provoking and then some … um, Josh why are you sharing this?
But, in addition to the Josh Stories I will also be writing a column called Josh Rants on the opposite weeks of Josh Stories. My first one was yesterday about “REALITY” TV. Most of these stories will just be … rants. I have no idea what the direction of this will be, but expect rants. That’s all I can tell you.
I’m kinda excited for these two new columns, because I think they’ll give you a better picture of me. There is much more to my life than just working out and running (shocking, right?). And, I kind of hope these columns will introduce you to that part of me. Then on the other hand, I just love writing so I am excited to have MORE to write and share with you. So … it’s a win-win for all of us, right?
Besides Nebo going on, the Salt Lake Comic Con is happening this weekend. Last night we had a ghost hunt at Off Broadway here in Downtown Salt Lake with my brother. It was really fun. I’m regretting it now in the morning. But, I always love a good ghost hunt. Especially during the Con. I’ve got a lot going on this weekend so I am not sure how much I’ll be able to attend the Con. But, I love the buzz around Comic Con and the people it brings to Salt Lake City.
Anyways, here are a few other things that caught my attention this week …
- It’s sad to hear about Joan Rivers’ passing yesterday. But, then again, I actually never found her that funny. So why I am commenting on this? … I can’t answer that question??!?!!
- I’m not a Trekkie, so I feel like I should read this before Comic Con this weekend. It might mean life or death for me.
- The NFL season started last night. All, I have to say … is everything is right in the world today. I am more than excited though for the full slate of games starting on Sunday.
- For the record, I am a 49ers fan. But, I am just an overall fan of pro football. Well, college as well. But, I love pro football. I also cheer for teams from cities I love to the underdog … of course if they are not playing the 49ers or the if they are out of the playoffs.
- If you must know, I rooted for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Mainly, because I hate the Broncos. And, I never really cared for Peyton Manning. Though, I do like his younger brother Eli and the Giants.
- If you’re not a football fan or lover of sports odds are you are just skipping over this part. I wouldn’t blame you, my Mom doesn’t get football.In fact I think she is one of only three Americans that confuse it with soccer?!
- But, if you are not a football fan surely you are more than aware of the Washington Redskins nickname controversy.
- Do I believe the nickname is racist? Yes. Not intended back when it was chosen in the mid-’30’s. Do I think it should be changed? Yes. Personally, I think a change to either Braves (their original nickname) or Warriors would be acceptable. But, also a theme away from Native American imagery would be good as well. Either way, it should be changed.
- I wish I was on this plane.
- This girl inspires me. I want to be a squirrel whisperer.
- This seems like an awesome way to make chocolate cake, but my question is … do I have to go camping in order to make it? … because, I hate camping.
- SAN FRANCISCO!!!
- SCIENCE IN SPACE!!!
- Oh … my … hilarious. These children! Unfortunately, I never had anything this awesome!
- I found this article on race riots pretty interesting. Seems like I might have a new Wikipedia trail to discover!
- Wow, this is pretty cool. I don’t think I’ll ever have the ambition to fight a swordfish (I don’t even have enough patience to reel in a trout), but I can sure admire it, right? But, heavens, it sounds like I missed out on swordfish steaks … bummer.
- I don’t know why I find this funny? But, I do. But, let’s get to the root of the post … smoking is stupid, especially when smoking around non-smokers. I don’t want cancer from second hand smoke. No thanks!
- Oh, these are totally cheesy, but I want to write these kind of notes in my kids’ lunchboxes.
- As a University of Utah fan you can’t help but smirk a tad seeing this happen to Max Hall. But, in all reality, I hope he gets back on track. I’d wish that for anyone.
- Stop the Comic Sans people. Just stop.
- This is an interesting post. I’m not sure if I would ever want to be buried with something though? Well, actually, I’m not planning on being buried actually. Either way, interesting.
- If you like Oreos there’s this …
- I know violence is not funny, but when it involves Mickey Mouse and Spongebob … can is it not? … I’m going to hell.
- I absolutely love Mary Poppins, it’s probably my favorite Disney movie of all-time. Actually, it is handsdown! This is kind of a neat little list and history lesson on the movie.
- I have many problems with the idea of fast food workers demanding $15 an hour. Not only do I HATE fast food, but being a fast food worker shouldn’t be a career. It’s not meant to be a career. PLUS … what is it about their work that warrants them to make more money than most office professionals? That’s ridiculous.
- And, then this happened of course. Ugh. I hate fast food.
- I never really realized how messed up Ren n’ Stimpy was … until now.
- Okay, I’m officially hungry. Light up the grill!
- Oooooooh my! I love me a pita. These look amazing!
- If this doesn’t make your day, I don’t know what will.
- Um, this is funny.
- Hmmm … this actually made me want to clean. WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?!?!
- I think I just gained like 10lbs. watching all these GIFs in the Hostess factory. Nope, it was 20.
- Well, now I can eat sushi without looking like a fool. Yum!
- Now I really want to eat sushi.
- Like really, really bad.
- If you ever want to gross yourself out just think about eating at Burger King or watch this. I hate fast food.
- There was a moment in my life that I really loved the Simpsons and then the year 2000 came along and I just lost interest.Yet, they still keep going. When they’ll stop? Who knows?
- Oh, I did watch The Simpsons movie though. I remember that.
- Holy crap! The Simpsons movie came out in 2007? SEVEN YEARS AGO? That’s unpossible! (see what I did there?)
- Oh gosh, I love these letterheads.
- There’s something about female gangsters that I find … endearing? Cool? Awesome? I’m not sure what the right word I am looking for is here? Either way … check this out.
- I need to travel more.
- And, according to this BuzzFeed quiz the biggest life change I need to make right now is take a year off and live abroad. It’s a sign!
- Interesting little ditty about passenger pigeons. They’re extinct now … sooooo … good luck finding them. Er, you won’t mind them.
- Hey check this out … it’s Australia … from space! Oooooo … be impressed.
- I have NO idea who Lana Del Ray is, but I want to be a fan now.
- Oh, I just Googled her. Her real name is Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, but goes by her stage name of Lana Del Ray. She was born in New York City, is 29 years old and is famous for … she sings. Don’t ask me what she sings.
- OOOOOOH … this makes me want to be an astronaut!
- Oh my gosh … all that Mac n’ Cheese!
- This quiz tells you what kind of Mac n’ Cheese you should be eating right now. I’m sad to report that I got KFC Mac n’ Cheese … GAG!
- Put this is on the list of … “Now I Know.” I don’t drink coffee, but I find this pretty interesting.
- Stupidity at its’ finest …
- I won’t lie, I kinda want to live in New Zealand right about now.
- I need to remember that Talk Like A Pirate Day is on the 19th of this month.
- I wonder if I would ever get an epithet? Joshua the Phat. I like that. Or Joshua the Krispy King. Or Joshua the Kitten. Or Joshua the Krispy Cat King. Ooooo … the possibilities.
- I’m so glad Big Bird wasn’t on this list. Otherwise my whole childhood would have been a lie.
- I really want to befriend this baby hippo. Those fat ripples amuse me to no end.
- I am sorry, but this post about old-time dentistry gives me the nightmares.
- Poor cat. At least we got a good laugh from it’s misfortune … HAHAHAHA!
- Simply awesome.
- I love deviled eggs and this post gave me a lot of ideas … mmmmmm.
- I probably should lay off the deviled eggs for at least today. Doesn’t seem like the best idea to eat a day before … NEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
- I really gotta stop writing that.
- Anyways, I think my work here is done.
Welp, that’s it for me this week! I feel that it would be apprioriate for me to end this post with simply this: NEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Again … NEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Once more … NEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
And, finally … NEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!