I turned the big DOUBLE THREE today. I’m KINDA excited. I used to hate my birthdays after I turned 30, but I’ve kind of turned that around. I actually have really enjoyed and loved my 30s so far.
I’ve got some fun plans for today. I am starting the day by going to the temple, then our family and a few friends are going to the Davis County Fair in Farmington where I am going to riding an elephant (among other things) and then followed up by family dinner and ghost hunting later in the night.
You know it’s going to be an epic birthday when start the day going to the temple and then end it with ghost hunting?
Then tomorrow morning the fun continues. My running friends are throwing me a party after we run down Big Cottonwood canyon. I’ve got some AWESOME friends! Awesome doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about them. I am extremely lucky to have them in my life.
Besides looking forward to today and tomorrow this past week has really been awesome. Or, I could say … JAWSOME! I just love that Shark Week is always on my birthday week, it’s like Discovery Channel KNOWS me!
Additionally, I was able to share my weight-loss and running story with a group of women in South Jordan. My friend Camille invited me to speak and I had a wonderful time. I was able to not only share my journey, but also share a bit of my spiritual journey as well. It was a great experience and one that my mother was also able to attend.
Besides all of that I also was able to do a little running, go to temple on Wednesday night and then somehow I got a doctor’s appointment fit into all of that. I’ve been having problems with my medications and decided to try someone new out. I’m excited, because he saw some things with my thyroid and testosterone medication that were conflicting with each other. I’m sure I’ll blog about all of that sometime next week.
But, needless to say, I feel like I am FINALLY figuring out the meds and why despite diet and exercise I am GAINING weight and not maintaining or losing. It’s been really frustrating. REALLY FRUSTRATING.
BUT … overall … it’s been an awesome week. And, I have no doubt that it’ll be an awesome birthday and weekend. Here are a few other things that caught my fancy this week as well …
- The saddest news of the week has to be the passing of Robin Williams. When I got the news I felt like I lost a family member. I kinda of grew up with him … Mork and Mindy, Popeye, Aladdin, Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire, Night of the Museum, etc., etc., etc.
- More than being such a great actor from what I’ve read and seen online he was also a great human being. I’m going to miss his laugh.
- This is just heartbreaking. Why would people out there do something like this to Robin Williams’ daughter? Let alone anyone? Sickening and sad. Some people have NO life.
- This is a great tribute of Robin Williams from Koko the Gorilla.
- I love this. Mrs. Doubtfire was one of my favorite Robin Williams movie.
- This is a really cool drawing of Robin Williams.
- Oooooo … I love this Disneyland post.
- I need a DIsneyland vacation sooner than later. And, I’ve been saying that now for almost the past two years … uuuuuugggghhhhh.
- Being a Greek-Canadian I find this really sad. Really sad. I love my homeland and knowing how the economy has been there makes this even sadder.
- This is a really neat video. What a wonderful thing this son did for his mother. I’d love to do something similar for my mom!
- There’s really no reason to fear sharks. Fear the rest of this list …
- Um, yeah, some of these band names are horrid. Teamtwerk? Taco Latte? One Eared Raisin? Oy! (that last expression was not a name of a band, but it very well could be)
- Um, nope.
- I can’t relate to any of this.
- Some of these riders are pretty interesting. If I was a celebrity that warranted a rider I think my demands would be as such …
- Four, one liter bottles of Smart Water.
- Large bowl of ONLY BROWN milk chocolate, almond, mini and jumbo M&M’s.
- Chocolate and Strawberry Milk chilled at exactly 33 degrees.
- A box of kittens at exactly three months of age.
- 56″ inch TV with looping video of Shark Week.
- And, my Mom.
- I’m laughing about all of these! HILARIOUS!
- I found this really hilarious. There’s a little language, but still … worth the laugh.
- Some of these are pretty lazy, but making scrambled eggs in the microwave is LEGIT!
- I actually really love this. I want to go swimming now.
- Put this down as one of those things that makes you go … hmmmm.
- I really hate soda and Monster.
- Um gross.
- I’m not going to lie some of these foods actually look pretty good.
- Like, I really want one of these Churro Cookie Ice Cream sandwiches, right now!
- Also that Guacamole hummus looks pretty tasty. I love hummus and I love gaucamole … so why not together?
- Yeah, I can’t dance.
- War, what is good for? Absolutely nothing, except for good TV apparently?!
- I saw this the other day and I really loved it. This is the kind of relationship I want to have with my future wife.
- Some of these failed time lapse pictures are HILARIOUS!
- I don’t know how I should feel about this? I almost feel like I should go talk to my Bishop though?!
- I want one of these.
- Well that’s a little unsettling. And, kinda gross.
- I’m grateful I don’t live in the early 1900s.
- I don’t know if it is because I am hungry, but some of these sandwiches look pretty good.
- That’s a fat cat folks.
Welp, that’s it for me this weekend! I’m off birthdaying it like it’s 1999! Have a great weekend and of course … HAPPY RUNNING!!!