This is basically the last Friday of the summer. Even though I am not a student I still go by their schedule and mourn when they mourn over the lost of what seems like a short summer. I feel like I should be wearing all black today. But, the fact that it’s 85 degrees outside today makes me realize that would be a very bad decision.
I blogged earlier this week about my frustrations with my health and recent weight gain. Don’t think I am completely depressed laying at home in bed eating pom poms while watching classic musicals. Even though that does sound somewhat fun.
But, I am looking forward. I’ve a month full of racing that I am very excited for. Tomorrow I am running the Run Elevated Half Marathon. I ran this last year. It’s a fast race that’s a lot of fun. Then next week I am running the Emigration Canyon, before I run the Nebo Half during the first weekend in September.
I might not be getting a PR or sub-two at Nebo, but I am looking forward to doing my VERY best. I am excited to see what that is.
But, then the weekend after I am running the Big Cottonwood Marathon with my friend Jill Gabica. This will be her first marathon and I am excited to run with her. She’s been working extremely hard towards it and I am BEYOND excited to be there running it with her.
So, a lot of running to look forward to, that’s for sure. And, I am going to just enjoy my running this upcoming month. Soak it in and give my best. That’s all I can do, right?
Anyways, here are a few things that have caught my interest this past week …
- I had a really awesome run at Liberty Park on Wednesday night. It was exactly what I needed to work towards my goals.
- I really feel like I can get MUCH faster by this time next year. I know it’s in me. The two biggest things I will need to work on is lowering my weight and being consistent in my running.
- I aspire to be a cheetah.
- You might be laughing about that, but what’s the alternative? Being a Cheeto? Besides when I was a kid I aspired to be a Space Cowboy … soooo … cheetah is a tad more realistic, right?
- I am going to stop there.
- I am pretty sure that I need at least half of these t-shirts.
- I don’t know why I love this t-shirt so much, but this one I basically need NOW.
- I have kind been hooked on the World War II Wikipedia page this past week. I love history, especially World War II history.
- My grandfather and nearly all of his brothers served in WWII. Additionally, my grandmother’s brothers served in the war as well. It was literally a family affair. And, as a kid I looked up to all of them. They were heroes in my eyes. Still are.
- One of my favorite memories of my Uncle George was him taking us an Air Force museum somewhere in California.
- With the negativity of police officers coming out of Ferguson this is actually quite cool to see.
- There is so much hurt and pain going on in the world. It is tragic to see things like this happen. Terrorism never wins. It can’t win.
- I hope and pray every day that the evil in this world will be suppressed and people allowed to live free. It’s hard to think of millions of our brothers and sisters half a world away suffering so much. It puts a lot of the ridiculousness that we fight over seem insignificant.
- Yeah college football is around the corner! Well, actually, football in general is around the corner. I love this time of the year.
- This is a pretty cool article about how all of the Top 25 NCAA Football teams got their nicknames.
- Oh, I have my fantasy football draft this weekend. I need to remember that. I love playing fantasy football.
- It baffles me that dollar store companies can be THIS expensive. $10 billion dollars? Can I start my own dollar store now?
- Um, no thank you, I’ll stay with an electric powered ferris wheel.
- I am not very good at math, but I must admit I was pretty surprised getting 29 out of 30 on this quiz.
- This is one of the many reasons why I LOVE Jimmy Fallon. It’s also one of the many reasons I kinda wish I watched more TV. I won’t lie.
- Oooooo … I love some of these 19th century street gang names. I want to be a part of the Whyos or, heck, even the Plug Uglies.
- True story, I once tried to start a gang when I was a kid. And, by gang I pretty much mean an after-school play group. I’m pretty sure I had no idea what a real gang was and what they did.
- My dad often refers to our family as the Hansen Gang. Soooooo … technically, I am a gang member, no?
- And, also for the record I am pretty sure I still don’t know exactly what gangs do nowadays?
- Um, nope.
- Oh, Disney. This isn’t helping me much not wanting to book my Disney vacation right now.
- Here’s some more Disney awesomeness. Or not. Depends on how you view it I guess?
- Oh my gosh … I feel like I need to try some of these recipes. Yum!
- Speaking of the word yum. The one word I probably hate as much as moist is the word yummers. Totes annoying.
- As many of you might know I am a San Jose Sharks fan (that’s a hockey team in the NHL). But, I’ve also been a New York Islanders fan for over the past 20 or so years. I know, why the Islanders? Well, I like the color orange. I know that’s not sound logic in picking a team, but it just stuck. Anyways … I have a point here. They were finally sold the other day in time for their move to Brooklyn. All I have to say is FINALLY.
- I kind of have this “thing” for the Islanders and Mets. I can’t explain it. I love the Giants and Sharks, but for some reason I love Long Island, New York as well. Go figure.
- Well, if we’re going to get technical I am also a fan of most professional sports teams in California with the exceptions of the Dodgers, Lakers or Kings. And, by Kings I mean both the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings and the NBA’s Sacramento Kings.
- I don’t know if you really care about all of that, but now you know …
- I have no idea why I am so fascinated with this article about bicycles. I hate bicycles.
- Um, so yeah, #6 should definitely be law.
- I had a somewhat unpleasant experience happen to me in New Orleans about 6-7 years ago. We went to Preservation Hall in Downtown N’awlins (sorry I have to spell it that way, I just have to) and it’s TINY. It’s basically throw rows of benches and then standing room only. Once the show starts you are cramped up in everyone’s business. Anyways, this girl in a spaghetti string tank stood in front of me and as soon as the music started she threw up her arms … and I almost threw up. Her BO was beyond nasty. I can’t even describe it. It was just nasty. NASTY!
- Let it be WIDELY known that at my funeral I want to hire professional funeral clowns to be there. Heck, maybe even have them carry out my casket and then accidentally drop me with my body rolling out to the ground?
- Okay, I have issues.
- Besides I don’t want to be buried in a casket or stuffed in a mausoleum. I want to be cremated. And, I don’t want to be stuffed in container or anything, I want my ashes thrown somewhere cool. I haven’t come up with that location yet. It also might be LOCATIONS.
- This is a pretty cool thing for this stylist to do. Kudos.
- Disneyland would be up there, but that’s kinda cliche. Especially in the Haunted Mansion. Maybe if I was dumped in a cloud of dust as my family dropped down Splash Mountain’s waterfall? That’d be a nice picture to put in the family history book. The possibilities could be endless.
- My mind is racing too much about this scenario. It could be BEYOND epic.
- See, I told you I have issues.
- This is a pretty interesting map about how much $100 is worth per state. Note to self … just visit DC and Hawaii. And, appreciate Mississippi even though you can get the most for your buck there. You won’t find me moving there anytime soon. Plus, $103 for Utah isn’t THAT bad. I’ll take it.
- I could only imagine what Campus Police would have done to Mary Poppins.
- My eyes deceive me.
- Oh, I got sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia just the other week. And, just the other day I got gustatory rhinitis after eating a burrito. But, luckily, I haven’t suffered from nocturnal enuresis for a while now.
- If you’re wondering where I got all of those terms click here.
- Um, yes, these 13 people are IDIOTS. Consider this a gentle reminder not to wrestle a polar bear.
- Also I think it’s a safe idea NOT to go to the zoo drunk?
- Some of these are HILARIOUS! I always love a good laugh.
- So this happened on Tuesday this past week. I was in charge of our department retreat nametags and I decided to make my own personal tag.
- In addition that title is also listed on our department website. Luckily, my boss doesn’t mind. She actually finds it kind of funny, because I pretty much am the Office Overlord.
- I admittedly haven’t watched too many Alfred Hitchcock movies, but I feel like after watching this clip I need to.
- This is cool.
- I don’t think I would ever get a tattoo personally, but I always admire the art. There’s always a story being told in each one. I find each one fascinating. I kind of love these 50 state tattoos, each one has a great story behind it. Except for maybe New Jersey and North Dakota?
- Oh, I want to go shop the East Hills mall now. This commercial is very persuasive.
- Oh gosh, no. You won’t catch me posing like this for my engagement pictures. In fact, let’s be honest, it will probably be a selfie.
- But, some of these cakes are pretty awesome. But, again, let’s be honest, I probably will have a Rice Krispy Treat cake.
- Wow, some of these houses are pretty awesome! Forget living in a van down by the river, I want to live under the river!
- I made these hashbrown waffles the other week and sometimes I still catch myself wanting to eat them again. They are good!
- Consider this your weekly, “THE MORE YOU KNOW …” moment.
- Some of these pictures have EXTREMELY good timing on the photographer’s part.
- As a white Mormon male I really don’t have a reason to post this, but as a human being who understands the value in others I love this!
- Consider yourself learned. Some of these are actually pretty good life hacks.
- Soooooo … yeaaaaaah … I am glad these animals are extinct. Especially this snake. But, I won’t lie, I’d still want to befriend one of these giant penguins.
- Um, this made me laugh.
Welp, that’s it for me this week! Have a great weekend and as always … HAPPY RUNNING!!!