So, I blogged about this sometime in November or October (I could look it up, but honestly too lazy to do it), but since I was named an Ambassador for Extra Mile Racing some of my races have changed. Plus, my goal is to hit 100 races by my birthday (August 15) by running the Park City Half Marathon. So, I’m actually restricting myself on races between now and mid-August.
But, don’t worry, after August I am going to crank out more. The restriction will be lifted and I will run to my heart’s delight. All will be right in the universe.
Okay, back to the task at hand. Here are the half marathons I am planning on running this year. The ones with an asterisk are the ones I have already signed up for, which obviously means the ones that don’t have an asterisk are ones I haven’t signed up for yet. I’m not sure why I wrote that last sentence, because it’s pretty obvious.
Anyways, I digress.
Oh, also note that this doesn’t include any marathons. This upcoming year is a no-marathon year. I also haven’t included any 5Ks or 10Ks. I will be running a few next year, but I am not counting those since my 180 race goal is for anything ABOVE a half marathon distance.
Got it? Got it! GOOD!
Here are my races …
NOTE: The races in BOLD you can use “EXTRAMILEHANSEN” at checkout to save yourself an extra $5. Plus, $1 of each code used will be donated to the Kyle Pease Foundation by Extra Mile Racing. You can actually use that code of any their road or bike races.
SECOND NOTE: Some race dates are subject to change, especially the October races. And, who knows maybe there will be a December race added later on next year.
THIRD NOTE: Another great way to save yourself some money with races and other running things you can sign up for a Runners on the Go membership. It’s $19.99 per year and it gives you discounts to a number of the races on this list and local running stores. I am going to blog about it a bit more next week. I’m a member and it’s pretty cool. It’s not just local it’s also national. Who doesn’t love to say themselves some money?
- New Year’s Revolution Run; Kearns, Utah (January 1) -*
- New Year’s Half Marathon; Pleasant Grove, Utah (January 3) -*
- Dogtown Half Marathon; Washington City, Utah (February 21) -*
- Riverton Half Marathon; Riverton, Utah (March 21)
- Lagoon Half Marathon; Farmington, Utah (April 4) -*
- West Mountain Half Marathon; Benjamin, Utah (April 18) -*
- Logan Half Marathon; Logan, Utah (May 2) -*
- Vigor Big Cottonwood Half Marathon; Salt Lake City, Utah (May 9) -*
- Alpine Classic Half; Alpine, Utah (May 23)
- Jordan River Half Marathon; Draper, Utah (May 30) -*
- Utah Valley Half Marathon; Provo, Utah (June 13) -*
- American Fork Canyon Half Marathon; American Fork, Utah (June 27)-*
- 13.1 miles of Bacon; Copperton, Utah (July 4) -*
- Dam 15 Miler; Soldier Hollow, Utah (July 11) -*
- Timp Half; American Fork, Utah (August 1) -*
- Park City Half Marathon; Park City (August 15)
- Murdock 13; American Fork, Utah (August 29)
- Nebo Half; Payson, Utah (September 12) -*
- Pink Series Half Marathon; Park City, Utah (October 10)
- The Haunted Half; Salt Lake City, Utah (October 24)
- Howloween Half Marathon; Provo, Utah (October 30) -*
- The Haunted Half; Provo, Utah (October 31)
- Saltair Half Marathon; Magna, Utah (November 7) -*
- Thankful 13; Lehi, Utah (November 26)
So there you go. That should leave me at around 25 half marathons for the year and 109 races towards my goal. That means between 2016 and 2021 I will need to average about 14-15 races over 13.1 miles per year. That’s about where I want to be anyways.
I know I can’t average this many half marathons forever so I’ll take advantage of my youthful legs while I still can.
So now that you know what my races are, what are you racing? I want to know! Comment below! And, hopefully we can run together at one or more of these races!