I have been keeping a bucket list for at least the past 6-7 years (or more). Most of the stuff on the list is travel related like visiting certain places in the world, swimming with the dolphins and other general things you would expect on a bucket list (skydiving anyone?).
But, this list isn’t necessarily about jumping out of airplanes, seeing the northern lights in person and flying in space. As this list is pretty much ALL about running … hence the Honey Bucket reference. The list includes races I want to run, goal times I want achieve and running things I want to do.
Here is my list and I am sure there will be more to add later, but this is a good start.
- Run 180 races over 13.1 miles by age 40.
Run a 5K.(SUU Homecoming 5K, October 16, 2010) Run a 10K.(Utah Summer Games 10K, June 8, 2007) Run a half marathon.(Handcart Days Half Marathon, July 23, 2011)
- Run a 25K.
Run a 30K.(Strider’s Winter Circuit 30K, April 26, 2014). Run a marathon.(Deseret News Marathon, July 24, 2012).
- Run a 50K.
- Run a 50 miler.
- Run a 100 miler.
- Be a part of a 10 year race club.
Run a Disney Race.(September 4, 2011)
- Do the Dopey Challenge at Walt Disney World.
- Do the Coast to Coast Challenge at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
- Run the Athens Marathon in Greece.
- Run the Great Wall Marathon in China.
- Run the New York City Marathon.
- Run the Big Sur Marathon in California.
Run the St. George Marathon.(October 6, 2012)
- Run the Ogden Marathon.
Run the Big Cottonwood Marathon.(September 22, 2012) Run the Mt. Nebo Half Marathon.(September 7, 2013)
- Run the Top of Utah Half Marathon.
- Run the Drop 13 Half Marathon.
Run a Ragnar Relay.(June 21-22, 2013) Run a Susan G. Komen 5K.(May 12, 2012)
- Run a woman’s only race.
Run two half marathons in two days.(July 11-12, 2014)
- Run two half marathons in one day.
- Run a sub-30 minute 5K.
- Run a sub-55 minute 10K.
- Run a sub-two half marathon.
- Run a sub-five hour marathon.
Do you have a Honey Bucket List? What would you have on that list? Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for me? Am I missing anything? Leave a comment in the comments section.