Okay, if you saw yesterday’s post about wanting to do a “No Scale July” challenge, I’ve decided to try to quantify it with points and make it a challenge. If you’re interested in joining in the challenge I’ve made a Facebook group to help keep us motivated and on track. Not to forget to keep score as well.
So here are the basic rules that I outlined yesterday …
- Do not step on a scale during the whole month.
- Workout a minimum of 4 times a week.
- Eat before and after each workout.
- Simple foods before a workout (ie-banana, fruit, etc.)
- Protein/Zeal Wellness drink post-workout.
- Drink a minimum of 96oz. of water daily.
- Eat one FREE (or cheat or whatever you call it) meal per week.
- This includes a meal and dessert and they can be split up during the week.
Fairly simple and easy rules, right? My thoughts exactly. So how do we quantify (I feel like I’ve been using this word too much the past two days just for the sake of making me sound smart … if I’m using it in the wrong context … SO HELP ME!) them into points? After working it out a bit, here’s what I came up with …STAY OFF A SCALE (for the month): +250 points STEP ON A SCALE (for the month): -250 points WORKOUT (one hour): +2 points RUNNING (2-5 miles): +2 points RUNNING (6-8 miles): +3 points RUNNING (8-13 miles): +4 points RUNNING (13.1 miles +): +5 points RUNNING (20 miles +): +6 points DO NOT WORKOUT 4 TIMES DURING WEEK: -10 points DRINK 96OZ OF WATER: +1 point DRINK LESS THAN 96OZ OF WATER: -1 point PRE-WORKOUT MEAL: +1 point POST-WORKOUT MEAL: +1 point MISS PRE OR POST WORKOUT MEAL: -1 point FREE MEAL: +2 points SKIP FREE MEAL: -2 points
I think that’s a pretty good scale for points. If you want to join the challenge and keep track of your points just join the group over on Facebook.