Kind of an odd week. It’s (luckily) been a fast week for me. But, it’s just been kind of odd. Probably because I’ve been uber busy with a number of projects — recording podcasts, working on PrepperCon, the Bugout Run and running stuff — among other things.
I’m not complaining, but it’s just been a tad crazy. And, I am ready for a weekend. A fun weekend.
This past week I’ve been really focusing on my runs, workouts and food — and the frustrating part of all that? I gained like half a pound. My weight-loss efforts are really testing my patience here. It wasn’t more than 2-3 years ago that the formula to lose was fairly simple — and whenever I was consistent with my workouts I saw results.
There’s a part of me that wants to say, “well you are in your mid-30s” … but, I know there is so much to play with my testosterone and thyroid. I just wish it was balanced. I wish I had done my own homework when my doctor tried medicating both without considering how the one would effect the other.
I wish, I wish, I wish … but, that won’t change the past. Which I understand. I am where, where I am and that’s the only thing I can work on and change.
Anyways, I don’t want to rehash my frustrations. I feel like I do that enough. But, I feel the need to share some of those frustrations, because I know I am not the only one who deals with them. It’s also nice to know you’re not alone in these frustrations too. That’s why I do it.
But, anyways — I just keep searching for a way to work through it. I keep looking for the key to success — albeit while standing in a landfill of lost keys. But, I have enough faith I’ll eventually find the needed key. It’s just a matter of NEVER giving up.
Anyways — onto other things.
I’m excited for this weekend — since I’ve been spot on with my diet, my cheat meal this week is NACHOS! I’m going to Penny Ann’s Cafe in Downtown SLC for BREAKFAST NACHOS! Totally excited for that.
Probably more excited for the company — I’m going to breakfast with Cousin Em. It’s been a while since I’ve last seen her. What better way to come together over nachos, right?
Also, I’ve got a run planned — a movie night with Dave — and a few family birthdays as well. Oh, and my sister-in-law is having her baby shower tomorrow as well.
Lots going on — but, lots of fun.
And, the end of February is approaching — where is time going? My next half is May 7th — while that’s far enough away to get some better training in — it’s a couple months away now! I’m terrified and excited.
Anyways — HAPPY FRIDAY! HAPPY WEEKEND! And, of course — HAPPY RUNNING!
This week — Schwendy and I talk about bugging back home when a disaster strikes while you’re at work or school. We ask — do you know how you’re going to get home? Are you prepared to hoof it back home? Do you have a bugout bug in your car? Office?
Do you know the best route home? What to avoid and what to prepare for? We touch on this and much, much more!
Some of you may have seen my running memes on Instagram and Facebook this past week under the handle @my.run. This is a little project of mine — I want to celebrate running especially my friends and local running. So I am making running memes and posting them online.
Kind of as simple as that.
I am going to share them here as well throughout the week. Ideally, I’d love to share running pictures of my friends, but I’ve also grabbed some stock images and other fairly popular running pictures as well.
I hope you draw inspiration and motivation from the memes, that’s the intent. And, if you have some awesome running or even scenery pictures that you’d like to let me use — please shoot them my way!
THIS WEEK’S NUMBERS
COMMENTARY: Workout and mileage wise — this has been a great week. I’ve been watching my sugar and food intake. While I haven’t seen much change — like at all (welcome to my frustration the past two years). I am just keeping at it.
Right now the fight seems stationary. Because, well, it is. The fight is basically to stand still and not gain weight. Which is VERY counterproductive. And, very difficult to actually do. Luckily, I have an appointment to an endocrinologist in a couple weeks — and it can’t come soon enough.
I just wish weight-loss/fitness was an equation as easy as x+y/z=SEXY JOSH. But, right now in my life — it’s pretty much trigonometry or some other kind of math that I don’t understand.
Anyways — I keep fighting and doing what I can, right? Answers will come.
WEIGHT: 282.6 LBS.
BODY FAT%: 25.1%
WEIGHT: 277.6 LBS.
BODY FAT%: 25.2%
LAST WEEK (2/19/16)
WEIGHT: 281.8 LBS.
BODY FAT%: 25.1%
THIS WEEK (2/26/16)
WEIGHT: 282.6 LBS.
BODY FAT%: 25.1%
THIS WEEK’S DIFFERENCE
WEIGHT: +0.8 LBS.
BODY FAT%: 0.0%
- It’s a nacho weekend for me again — tomorrow I am trying out the breakfast nachos at Penny Ann’s Cafe. I am going with Cousin Em — my objective is to be non-objective mainly because her husband’s family owns the joint. But, if the hotcakes are any indication of what I get to look forward to — I’m in for a treat!
- Running is such a mental sport — in fact, it’s really about 90% mental. If you believe you can do it … you can do it. The remaining 10% is usually ability, but honestly that 90% and some ingenuity can make up for that 10% — anyways, this is a great read from Runners World.
- I signed up for the 13 Miles of Freedom Half Marathon this past weekend — it’s actually not on the 4th of July, but close enough — July 2nd. Since Canada Day is the day before I’m going to be carbloading for the race on pancakes with maple syrup. I would also add poutine — but, that’s probably advisable before a race.
- The biggest thing to hit social media since George Takei — the new emotion buttons on Facebook were launched this past week. I like them. I know lots of people complained about the change (as they always do) — but it works. The only thing that need to add is a “rolled eyes” emoji reaction. There needs to be more of that on Facebook.
- What is it about these “Damn Daniel” memes that I love so much? I mean really, it’s the stupidest thing ever, but yet — so endearing. Still — damn Daniel!
- Oh geez, of course this would happen in minor league baseball — and in Albuquerque. Is it bad to admit that I might a Better Call Sal jersey?
- What the what, what? Really? A bluegrass band of Natalie Portman look-a-likes? HA!
- I love running/weight-loss stories like this — gives me the motivation to keep doing what I am doing, especially when my health prevents me to give everything. Every running/weight-loss story is awesome to me anyways — it takes A LOT to get to that finish line.
- If you are going to get a new identity — why do so as a high school student? So bizarre.
- Oh my heavens, this doesn’t help me NOT want a running dog — at all. I love, love, love this piece and feel like I would have a similar experience if I had a running dog.
- The Everything Bagel Donut? Really? Good thing I’m on a diet. Okay, let’s be honest — I probably wouldn’t try it even if I wasn’t on a diet. It just sounds gross.
- You gotta love Kayne rants — even when he’s remotely right. It’s the only reason why I follow him on Twitter. The guy is completely delusional — and full of himself.
- And, then of course there are the Kardashian sisters who always make you feel better about how normal you are.
- I am going on a ‘Man Date’ with Dave this weekend — and we’re going to a movie … Kung Fu Panda 3. I’m not ashamed to say that I am looking forward to seeing it. I love Kung Fu Panda.
- FULLER HOUSE IS OUT TODAY ON NETFLIX!!! — but, I’m scared to watch it after reading this. Still, I am going to watch it out of pure excitement!