I really am a sourpuss when it comes to the weather. It comes more from a hatred to the snow. But, I should be happy that the weather this past week has been ridiculously awesome here in Utah. But, I won’t lie, I miss the summer.
But, mostly I miss the longer days. I miss being able to get home from work and going running outside without it being dark. These months here in Utah I could still go running outside, but as fun as night running is there is the whole obstacle thing. Namely, ice and snow. Or wild deer and feral geese.
That’s why around this time of the year I yearn for a vacation to places like San Diego, Hawaii or anywhere with a warm sunny climate. Oh, and you can’t forget about Disneyland either.
Speaking of Disneyland, I haven’t been since September 2012 and I feel like that needs to change. I feel like a horrible Disneynerd for admitting that, but it’s true. I need a Disneycation soon. Like, preferably tomorrow?
Anyways, where was I going with all of this?
Oh, yeah, sunny climate weather.
I’m looking forward to come March and April when the cold and snow is gone. I have this feeling though we’re going to get dumped on come February. I mean, we have to right? Our weather has been so mild that something has to give, right? Well either that or we’re going to bring a wider smile to Al Gore’s face come spring.
But, in the meantime, I am going to run with what the weather gives me. I’ll still run on the dreadmill in the evenings and take every opportunity to run during the day that I can. But, that doesn’t negate my need for a warm weather vacation either.
Come to think of it, I haven’t been to Sea World for a while either …
But, I am going to stop there so I don’t go on another tangent. But, here are a few other things that caught my attention this past week …
- I’m looking forward to the Super Bowl, but this whole “DEFLATGATE” cracks me up. Talk about getting awkward.
- Church Ball started yesterday and despite an awesome effort, we lost by a buzzer beater. Oh, well. But, Coach Dave enjoyed barking out orders on the sideline.
- This will give you a good laugh. Trust me. I’m still laughing.
- This is something that I would love to pullover on my Mom! HILARIOUS!
- So, I am total noob when it comes to Friends, so I get about less than half of these. But, oh Mylanta, how I love that show. Not sure it took me 20 years to hop on board, but I’m on board!
- So little Miss Sweet Cheeks has turned out to be quite the cook. Last weekend she made me one of her famous Raspberry and Nutella sandwiches #toteslucky.
- I don’t even know how to comprehend this game of ‘Would You Rather?’ But, if you must know, 9 times out of 10 I would choose pizza.
- So far this year I have eaten 69 bananas (yes, I am keeping track) and this one from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory has probably been the best one so far this year.
- Oh heavens this is hilarious! A MUST READ!
- I am going on ten days of having Bumper Banana IV on the bumper of my car. We’ll see how this one lasts. The first one last just over two weeks.
- This is really bizarre, I won’t lie. But, who wouldn’t want a bear lamp or bear butler?
- I find this video wildly entertaining.
- I am still a cat owner and the kids are doing great. I am worried because I am VERY allergenic to them. It really doesn’t seem like medication or bathing them is working. I break out in hives after handling them. It’s kinda sad. I don’t want to give them up, but I am not sure what else to do?
- Here’s some food for thought … yum.
- I have this strange obsession with tattoos. Especially BAD tattoos. In fact I think if I ever had a coffee table (or a Postum table since I am Mormon) I would want a book of tattoos and the meaning and reasons behind them. I love the art, but the meaning is behind them is probably what I love more than anything.
- On Monday I hung out with some friends at City Creek and Becky brought her kids along with her. I feel like an uncle to them somewhat. But, Fran has my heart. She is one of the cutest kids (please don’t tell my nieces that … lol)!
- I love labradors. We used to have one when I was growing up. His name was Mickey and his story was actually quite odd. My brother was taking his dog outside to use the bathroom and while he was outside Mickey snuck inside the house and jumped on our kitchen table to eat something left behind by my brother. So it was a surprise to my brother when he came back to see this black lab standing on the table. Needless to say, after posting signs and ads in the paper we ended up keeping him for over the next 12 years.
- When I am in a situation to get a dog, it will be a black lab. Not only are they loving and caring, but I want to make a running dog out of it as well.
- This is actually a pretty cool house. I’ve said this before, but I have aspirations of becoming a minimalist in my life. A small little house like that would fit quite nicely into that lifestyle.
- So, um, this is part of the reason why I am afraid of the ocean. Well, this and the fact that everything that lives in the ocean also poops.
- Okay, I feel like I shouldn’t be laughing about these, but I find them HILARIOUS. I could only imagine what mothers (or parents for that matter) go through with young kids.
- But, I have to say, I can’t wait to be a dad and try out some of these practical jokes!
- I love this kid. [drops mic]
Welp, yep, that’s about it for me this weekend. No big runs planned. I am actually going to probably just run the hills of Bountiful by myself. Anyone is welcome to run with me. I am thinking of running a nice nine miler from Eaglewood Golf Course, past the temple and then back down to my house?
Well shall see.
But, as usual, have a fun weekend and … HAPPY RUNNING!!!