Welp, I could feel somewhat disappointed about this past week. I didn’t run much … at all. I got three miles in. And, I walked a fair amount. But, with the combination of my IT band and being out sick a couple of days I really didn’t do much at all. I did go swimming last night and I did some weight training throughout the week, but the energy level just wasn’t there.
I do feel slightly bad because I don’t have a race this weekend. I was going to sweep the Alpine Classic Half, but I switch out with someone else because I am going to be filming tomorrow. Filming? Yes, filming. I am a fitness model for a workout video and we’ll be taping pretty much all day tomorrow. It is part of a workout video my brother makes called, Freedom2Move.
This will be their third video. But, the main premise behind the videos is they are tailor made to the individual of ALL fitness or health levels. I’ll let their commercial speak the rest …
So basically, you can say that my modeling career is getting pretty serious. I am not exactly sure when the volume with me in it will be released. But, I’d imagine no later than June or July? But, we’ll see. I’ll keep you in the loop.
I won’t lie, it’ll be a fun project, but I’ll miss sweeping the race. Well, I miss running consistently in general. But, I really NEED to make sure I don’t screw up my knee and running for the rest of the year. My sub-two for this year is kinda out of the question, so the focus now really will just be strengthening my core and losing weight. I’m still working on getting the 40lbs. off from my thyroid/testosterone issues off. I’m fine with that refocus, because I don’t need to get a sub-two right now to validate my running.
I am going to work towards Nebo and just do my best there. Whatever that may be, and whatever my knee will give me.
Plus, come September after Nebo I’ll be focusing a lot on my training for my 50K. That includes two trail races, a marathon, a couple of back to back half marathons and a whole lot of … why did I sign up to do this? Sounds like fun, huh? The 50K is in November so working towards it will be a process.
But, I am excited.
So stay tune for more about my modeling debut and if you haven’t signed up yet join me NEXT weekend at the Jordan River Marathon (I’m sweeping the half) you can sign up and save $5 by using the code “EXTRAMILEHANSEN” … Come join me!
YEAH RUNNING! YEAH MODELING! YEAH FRIDAY!
THE FARTLEK TO THE FINISH
Here are a few other things that caught my attention this past week …
- OH. GOSH. This is horrible.
- This past week Miss Sweet Cheeks had her first dance recital and well … SHE NAILED IT! I am so proud of her. I can’t believe how big she is getting. It seems like yesterday I held her for the first time.
- I sat with Koko and she had just as fun watching all of the performances. That kid needs to get into dancing. She’s got enough energy to do it.
- This is a really cool weight-loss story. Good for him. I love these kind of stories.
- This biker shooting that happened in Texas just gets messier and messier. Sad commentary too. Too much violence in the world today.
- File this under, “the more you know”
- These wild kittens are cute, but that’s not why I am sharing this. I thought I should let you know that I’ve been to that zoo before. I went back in 2011 with my niece and nephew when they lived in the Seattle area.
- I kind of want a little penguin now. Like bad.
- Okay, if this doesn’t make you want to have kids, I don’t know what will? This is from the post-game interview after game one of the Western Conference Finals in Oakland on Tuesday night, Steph Curry’s daughter literally steals the show. Too cute.
- Speaking of the NBA, I am bummed that the Clippers ended up losing to the Rockets in the semi-finals. How they blew a 3-1 game lead baffles me. But, good for the Rockets. My money is still on the Warriors though for winning the NBA title this year. I’d love a Warriors-Hawks Finals, but we’ll see. I wouldn’t put my money against LeBron and the Cavs.
- Not much drama in the NBA Draft Lottery. The Jazz didn’t move up (as expected) and really the only dramatic thing that happened was the Lakers jumped to the second pick and the T’Wolves won the first pick. Ho hum. It’ll be interesting to see what the Jazz do at #12 … draft or trade. I can’t wait until November though!
- I really don’t know what to say about this quiz … bbbbbbbut … my result was really outgoing. Nailed it?
- This is what happens when you take a selfie in hail. Moral of the story … don’t do it.
- These kind of articles on BuzzFeed are the reason for my existence. HILARITY.
- With the Late Show with David Letterman done here are a few interesting things about David Letterman and the show you might not know about.
- And, of course what’s Letterman without Bill Murray, right? Or Richard Simmons for that matter.
- Well this is just interesting. Well, maybe, maybe not. But, still.
- So my chicken, Chelsea, is 8 weeks old and is the definition of Chicken Little. I thought something was wrong with her, but apparently she’s just a crossbreed? Either way, I can’t wait until she starts laying eggs.
- Words can’t describe how I feel about this? But, seriously, I can’t look away or stop reading.
- I’m not a lover of hot dogs, but these hot dogs from around the world are pretty interesting. The Idaho Hot Dog interests me, especially considering the bum is a baked potato. Does Idahoans really eat that?
- I kinda think Rebel Wilson is funny and now that she’s older than me I find that much more attractive. #idigolderwomen.
- I can’t remember if I shared this last week (probably did, too lazy to look), but I’ve found myself going back to it a couple times this past week. I was I was that creative in high school. Then again, we didn’t get a quote in the yearbook our senior year. Meh.
- DOUBLE THIS.
- I have a feeling that this is a good reason why legalizing marijuana is not a good idea?
- Who wouldn’t want to cheer for a team called the Raisin Eaters? Maybe the Biscuits?
- If you’re having a bad week at least this might put it into perspective … WOW.