Wow, so this is the 75th installment of Fartlek Friday? I feel like I should celebrate it somehow? It’s the “DIAMOND” anniversary … sooooooo … I tried to Google an appropriate picture, but I found this instead …
Don’t laugh though, because this picture is actually quite disturbing. It makes my trypophobia quite unbearable. Gosh, it’s making me itchy. Just in case you are wondering if you are trypophobic take a look at these pictures.
But, don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.
Oh, I am going to try to just block all of what I just wrote and linked to [shivers]. Seriously. Moving on …
This past Wednesday was National Running Day and I celebrated with a run around my neighborhood with Reese. I am resolving to run with him more mid-week, because he literally lives a mile away from my house … and it’s on my usual running route.
To the outside world people might not see or recognize Reese’s emotions, but when he is out running … he is alive. That joy shows … SHINES … bright and I saw plenty of that the other day.
Granted when I’ve ran half marathons with him he falls asleep for about an hour, but I am more jealous than bummed that I don’t get to see that joy. I would do the same thing too if I had to wake up at 4am.
Gosh, I really need to stop looking at that diamond-studed head. It really is creeping me out.
Anyways, I am excited for tomorrow. I am going to be running down Emigration Canyon with a group of my friends. I am really, really excited about it. I am shooting for between 8-10 miles … depending on how I feel. But, I love a good canyon run and I am itching for a good long run.
And, the weather looks like it’s going to be PERFECT for running!
YEAH CANYON RUNS!!! YEAH RUNNING! YEAH JUNE!
THE FRIDAY FARTLEK
Here are a few things that caught my attention this past week …
- So I decided to move my 100th race from the Park City Half (August 15th — my birthday) to the Handcart Days (July 24th — the race that was my first half). It just seemed like the right thing to do considering what the race means to me being my first. This means that I will need to pick up two extra races between now and the 24th of July.
- I am going to sweep the Hobbler Half (July 11th) and I decided to also run the Provo Midnight Run (June 26) … this will be the night before AF Canyon, so it’ll be more of a “jog” … or a 13.1 mile warm up for AF? And, on another note … I haven’t ran these races before. That seems odd?
- YEAH RUNNING!!! YEAH ADDICTION!!!
- If you want to feel guilty about ever eating out again just read this.
- Okay, since we just gawked at all of that fatty and caloric food let’s pant over this street food from London.
- You want a good laugh? Read these.
- I had a pet hamster when I was a kid and that thing was an awry and mean SOB! It was an albino blind hamster, which you would THINK would be an epic combination. NOPE. Anytime you held him he would poop on you and then bite until you put him down. We gave him to our cousins … which … I am pretty sure fed him to their snake.
- Speaking of rodents. My sister’s rabbit had bunnies and I’ve decided to adopt one. I adopted this little lady (could totally be a dude, but I’m not checking) and named her Cotton Face.
- Her brothers’ names are Smudgy (the brown one) and Mama’s Boy (because he looks like his mother). Again these bunnies could be the opposite sex … sooooooooo … if they have bunnies of their own, we’ll then know for sure.
- Really? Another Bush wants to get into office? I can’t wait to see what kind of mess the GOP will make of 2016. All of politics is a mess. There’s a reason I am an independent voter.
- DISNEY WORLD!
- I love watching this girl. She is definitely full of life. Makes Uncling the most enjoyable job out there right now.
- This is actually fairly entertaining. A must watch, especially if you love to watch cats play with their reflection in the mirror.
- Welp, most of these are just adorable. This one is horrific though.
- Any surprise that the In n’ Out Double Double is Utah’s favorite burger on this list?
- I’ll be the first to admit I am a casual NHL fan. And, by casual I mean, I like wearing their sweaters and I’ll take a passing interest in teams of places I like (I know, I am the worst kind of fan that way).
- But, with the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final I feel the need to root for them. I served my mission in Chicago and I do have one of their sweaters. But, if they were playing the San Jose Sharks that allegiance would go to the Sharks, because … well … sharks.
- With that said … GO HAWKS … ?!?
- GO WARRIORS?!?
- Because, I know how much you want to know more about Swingline Staplers.
- One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to mow the lawn. But, the past month I wasn’t able to get the backyard because of all the rain. So when I mowed this past week … it was jungle.
- I also got a picture of my mower in front of the sunset. Gosh, that needs to be on a postcard.
- I was born 30 years too late.
- Canada Day is less than a month away sooooo here’s this.
- So yeah, these are people cookies.
- Count me impressed … and lazy.
- Um … these please!
- NOW OFF TO THE WEEKEND!