Not going to lie, kinda excited about this weekend. Why? It’s RAGNAAAAAAAAR weekend! If you have been following my hectic and ever changing race schedule the past couple of weeks you’d know that I picked up Ragnar on my race schedule last week.
I had to do this to not only keep myself on track to hit my 100th race on July 24th, but also because my race on the 4th of July was cancelled. I didn’t have many weekends to work with to get in another race and Ragnar was just conveniently convenient.
I don’t know that many people on my team or van so it’ll be fun. I love making new friends and with this being my third Ragnar I guess you can say I’m practically a pro? I already bought my food and snacks and have my clothing divvied out for each leg.
I am going to be runner #11 again. Thankfully this year they switched up the legs and finish of the race. Instead of finishing in Park City, it finishes in Heber City. So instead of running UP Ragnar Hill, I’ll running DOWN it. I don’t know how excited I am about that? Gravity’s a … you know what. And, it’s STEEP!
But, I am happy that my midnight run is only two miles long, not the 11 miler I had last year. That was boring and TOUGH! Plus, last year I almost got into a fight with a skunk at mile two and that would have just ruined EVERYTHING.
It should be a lot of fun.
Well, it will be a lot of fun.
And, it’s going to be HOT! HOT! HOT! Checking the weather this weekend and it will be in the low 90s. Luckily, my day two legs will be in the mountains so it shouldn’t be horribly hot. But, still. I kinda miss the rain.
Besides gearing up for Ragnar this weekend I am also preparing for next weekend’s double half marathon. I added the Provo Midnight Run for next Friday because I needed another race to hit my goal. Then the morning after I am running the AF Canyon Run Against Cancer.
I know it’s going to suck, but I’ve had experience doing back-to-back races before, so I know what to expect (read … extreme soreness and a will to live). Luckily, the second of the back-to-back is a mostly downhill course. I can live with that.
So, yeah, I am excited! LOTS of running the next couple of weeks.
THE BUGOUT RUN
This past I’ve been putting a lot of work into redoing the Bugout Series website and making it a bit more user friendly. Now, don’t be thinking I am a great internet coding wizard with magical programming powers. Basically, I use a browser drop and drag service. But, it still is an art. So you should be somewhat impressed. You can checkout the new format here.
Plans for our July run are coming along great. You can sign up for the FREE race on this link. Remember that the general location of the race is all we’re giving you. The specific location will be given to registered participants 24-48 hours before the run. That gives you that x-amount of time to prepare yourself for the run. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
There will be a couple of Bugout Runs before our first Bugout Survival Challenge that will happen this fall. That will be a beast … but … a lot of fun!
Make sure to LIKE our Facebook page this upcoming week for some exciting news.
THE FRIDAY FARTLEK
Here are a few things that caught my attention this week …
- I went and took myself to see Jurassic World last Friday. I have to say, I really enjoyed the movie. So much so, that I kinda want to go see it again. The best part about the movie? The Raptor Squad. And, of course the internet agrees.
- I am happy for the Warriors in winning the NBA Championship. It was actually more of a series than I expected, especially after Kyrie Irving got hurt. It’s hard to see the season over, now I can’t wait until November.
- Besides the Golden State Warriors winning their championship this week the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup as well. It’s their third cup in six years. I am not a HUGE hockey fan, but the Blackhawks are one of the teams I’ll cheer for when or if I feel like caring about hockey (just being honest here folks). As long as the Red Wings don’t win it, I’m fine.
- What is it about rivalry hatred in sports? There are just some teams I can’t stand and it’s usually teams that have a lot of success or have an arrogant fan base. That’s why you will never see me remotely cheer for the Yankees, Red Wings, Dodgers, Patriots, Cowboys or Lakers. Sure there are other teams you could add there, but those six … can’t stand.
- Okay, that tangent is over.
- Because it’s Fathers Day this weekend.
- I got my Bugout Run shirt in the mail the other day just in time for Ragnar! WOOT! WOOT!
- Gross. Crystal Pepsi back? Why? There really was and is no redeeming value to it. I should know I lived through it the first time. Then again I probably didn’t help things coupling the soda with a bag of Cheez-Its and two Milky Way bars. #thatiswhyiwasafatkid
- BAHAHAHA! According to BuzzFeed I will probably never get engaged. Ouch?
- This really shouldn’t have surprised me when I came across this half eaten pan of brownies at Walmart the other day. Some people! Actually … some Walmart people! Oh, and I also found this a few aisles over.
- Because I know you want to read all about cheese.
- So, can I hear an amen on this?
- One of the many reasons why I hate reality television … and … well, TV in general. Such a waste of time.
- Slurpees are the best, but you know what is the worst thing about them? When you get done to the bottom and it’s just juice-less slush. It’s at that point you really have to take an internal inventory and ask yourself if you finish what you started or just chuck it.
- This. This is soooooooo strange?! Seems more like someone with a mental disorder than anything, but still … how did she carry this lie for so long?! Really fascinating if you ask me.
- This article just adds to that strangeness.
- Well isn’t this adorable? Old people and babies. Now all they need is a therapy cat and this will officially melt my heart.
- This past week I processed my chicken. And, by process I mean … killed and butchered it. Processing just sounds less severe. It was an interesting experience that I wrote about on my personal blog.
- Oh …. Canada!
- This could be my chance into Cambridge! LEGO Professor? Where do I apply?
- Actually, just kidding, I am soooooo done with school it’s not even funny.
- This is rich! I love these responses by these female scientists.
- I tried these gummy protein snacks after my workout the other day. I was a leery about them at first, but they didn’t taste that bad. No horrible aftertaste, but they sure could double as earplugs if the need arose.
- I’m pretty sure there is somewhere in the bible that talks about in the last days that the baboon and the lion shall lay down together. Oh, that was a lamb and lion? Still, this is somewhat endearing.
- Um, this seems like the plot of a horrible movie. Kinda reminds me of a mixture of Jumanji and The Day After Tomorrow. Yikes!
- I was able to spend some of my day with this kid last week on my day off. I love her so much. If there is a huge motivating factor for me to hurry and get married it would be to have kids.
- Reading this makes the fillings in my teeth tinge.
- This is a fascinating read about high profile defendants who were acquitted and what happened to them post-trial.
- This is both sad and hilarious. Mostly sadlarious.
- I found this kinda cool, and you’ll probably like it if you’re a Disneynerd.
- I need to try some of these oatmeal recipes.
- Um, yeah, no. They’re probably all dead.
- And, I am going to leave you with this video … RAGNAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!
THE FRIDAY FUNNY