My niece feels the same way as well. Last week she told me how the week unfolds and I can’t disagree with her on this one …
WEDNESDAY: Canada Day
THURSDAY: Her birthday
FRIDAY: BBQ Day
SATURDAY: The 4th of July
SUNDAY: Another BBQ Day
Lots of family time and that’s the thing I love about this week. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday for a number of reasons. For one, I love America. This was something that was ingrained in me at a young age. I have veterans,immigrants, pioneers and pilgrims who fought for this country and fought to come to this country.
And, because of that I take immense pride in that. I have immense reverence and what she means to not just me, but millions of other citizens. God granted and blessed this land as a land of liberty and because of that I will ALWAYS hold my country in reverence.
Geez, I feel like I should have cued some patriotic music for that last paragraph? Maybe through in a back drop of an American flag and a screeching eagle?
But, even more than that I love celebrating the holiday, because I am with family. It has nothing to do with the BBQ or the traditional food, it’s spending time with family and making memories. That’s more important to me than any tradition.
So, yeah, lots of family this weekend!
And, yes, yesterday was my niece’s birthday. I really can’t believe that she is now seven. SEVEN? Seven years ago seems like yesterday to me. She is the first grand kid so her birth was a BIG to do. My Mom and I went up to Seattle to be there when she was born.
I was the first uncle to hold her in my arms. And, I fell in love. I’ve always loved being an uncle to her and my subsequent nephew and niece. I know I’ll have the chance to be a Dad one day, but I don’t worry about that much because I get plenty of practice with those three kiddos.
And, as you can see, I spoiled her …
I sure love that kid. I can’t believe how big she is getting and becoming such an outstanding young lady. She amazes me. Not to mention, makes me laugh quite a bit.
So, yeah, lots of family!
Lots of fun!
Happy Fourth! Please be safe and have fun! Especially if you’re out there running. It’s hot out there so don’t forget your water.
Geez, I feel like an overprotective Uncle right there.
THE BUGOUT RUN
Things are coming together for the Bugout Run on Saturday, July 18th. Registration is still open. The event is FREE, but all participants need to preregister for the run.
This event will happen in Davis County, but the specific location won’t be revealed to the participants until 24-48 hours before the event. It wouldn’t truly be a “BUGOUT” run without knowing exactly what you are preparing for, right?
THE UTAH RUNCAST
We don’t have a specific date set for the inaugural podcast, but it will be sometime before the 24th of July. We’ll be recording soon, but I am not sure how long the editing to site process will take. I am not doing that part (thankfully).
But, we have a couple of episodes planned. We’re going to be talking about marathon training, local races coming up, how to fuel for running in the heat properly and pretty much everything and anything about running.
I am excited to start recording. This will be a fun podcast.
THE FRIDAY FARTLEK
Here are a few other things that caught my attention this past week …
- This race picture is from last weekend’s AF Canyon Half. I decided to meme it. Here’s one example. Some of my friends even pitched in with their ideas.
- Oh gosh, I love these Honor Flights. I won’t lie, I kinda wish my Grandpa was still alive because I would love to accompany him on one. I love that generation.
- It’s sad to see Greece default on their loan. Not a good sign for the future of our economy. Not to mention I have family in Greece who this is affecting greatly. Maybe this could help?
- These cakes might look horrible, but heaven have mercy on my soul … I still want cake.
- I compiled this list of “25 signs you’re a Utah Mormon …” over on my personal blog, lorenzosnowcones.net.
- Well this will be a movie in a few years.
- This might be the most exciting thing to happen in Provo since … well … Ty Detmer?
- This is one of my most favorite musicals. I love Fiddler on the Roof.
- My Mom got this as a gift from my sister-in-law, no it’s not a real cupcake … it’s a bath bomb. Great diet aid, no?
- Here’s a little something about Canada Day. And a little something about poutine.
- I think it’s fairly well known that I am a lover of tattoos. I might not have any, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate them, right? Check out these punny ones.
- These are some good tips on how you can cut body fat.
- You know koalas seem cute and all, but I think they are all just jerks.
- Well this would just make my summer THAT much better, no?
- This marriage proposal is pretty neat.
- So, so, so, so strange. People are weird. Especially the perverted ones.
- Tickle me intrigued and fascinated by this bunker garden in London. At least it’s not marijuana, right?
- Um, nope.
- Poor dolphin. It must have been drunk or something?!
- Oh, I think I need to build my own compound with my friends. That would be a lot of fun!
- Geez, this goldfish deserves its’ own shrine!
- Not sure why this exists?! But being a Disneynerd I find it quite entertaining.
- Speaking of Disney, you kinda knew this was inevitable, right?
- So dressing your dogs in Civil War garb is a thing now?
- Caviar on Twinkies? I don’t know which food I should be more disgusted about?
- Um, yes please.
- I don’t know why I am sad about this … but I am?! So much confusion of feelings. MARIA!