FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! ‘Tis be the last Friday of August. I know last week I hailed that the last weekend of summer, but if there was any question it wasn’t … this weekend pretty much is. Especially considering the 90 degree weather we got this past week here in SLC.
But, really, I am just overly eager to start September and the fall season. No, not because I am one of those pumpkin spice addicts (in fact, I kinda hate the spice, but that’s a post for another day), but because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE running in the autumn.
Whether it’s running down Payson, Big Cottonwood, Emigration or Provo Canyon … the fall is the time to do it. Whether it’s about the cooler weather, changing leaves or downhill course … it’s just perfect.
Egags, I sound like some kind of hopeless romantic writing all that … but it’s true. I love this time of the year as a runner. And, before I admit that I just wrote all those words down in my poetry diary, I’m going to stop.
Before we get to all those September and October races, there is still one more August race left. Tomorrow I am running the Murdock Half Marathon down in Utah County. It runs along the Murdock Canal from Orem to American Fork.
So, no it’s not a downhill race. Actually it’s a pretty technical course. Which I am fine with it. Especially since I sweeping the course. This will be a nice little tune up for Nebo next week. Nothing too strenuous on the legs, but the mileage nonetheless will help.
I really, really want to get at least a sub-2:35 at Nebo if not sub-2:30. So I don’t want to necessarily kill my legs too much this week. That’s going to be the goal.
But, it will be nice to have a good little run tomorrow after a crazy busy week. The first week of school is always hectic so getting some of my “crazy” out will be welcomed!
As I mentioned above, I am sweeping the Murdock Half Marathon course. Since there about 175 participants I shouldn’t have too many people in the back of the pack. Meaning, I should get a decent pace along the course. Maybe?
Then again, I don’t care too much since I am saving my legs for Nebo next week. I’m looking for to a good run, it looks like it’s going to be hot as well. Soooooo … I’m getting a Slurpee afterwards for sure!
THE FRIDAY FARTLEK
Here are a few things that caught my attention this past week …
- As it is well documented … I am not much of a movie goer or fan. But, there are always a few movies out there I get excited to see (ie-Jurassic World). But, usually most movies I look forward to come out in the fall and winter months. Here are a few movies I’m planning on watching if not in the theater at least the dollar theater …
- Star Wars, Episode VII: The Force Awakens
- Hunger Games, Mockingjay, Part II
- In the Heart of the Sea
- These are some outstanding stories of customer service. Quite the read.
- Since I am not cutting my hair shorter, I’ve been using hairspray as of late. Well, except last Sunday when I sprayed my hair with air freshener. I wish I could say this hasn’t happened before.
- Um, gross.
- Um, oops.
- Um, intriguing.
- Cancer sucks, and this story is quite harrowing and sad about the “Dust Lady” from the 9/11 attacks in NYC.
- Dogs really are the most lovable idiots in the world. If you’re into that thing.
- Mary Poppins is one movie I could watch anytime and in any mood. The same goes for Pee Wee’s Big Adventure and Harry Hendersons.
- Welp, this makes me feel old.
- I should haven been a millionaire YEARS ago …
- I need to take better care of watching this kid, because she loves her frosting.
- A tomato fight just doesn’t sound like fun to me.
- Can we just stop the advancement of Pumpkin Spice flavored-crap? Please?
- All this really did was make me hungry for Cookie Butter, but I love Trader Joe’s!
- Well, that’s one way to win a game of Hide n’ Seek.
- If you’re looking for an interesting little light read this might interest you.
- Yep, I wish these were real.
- DISNEY! This is kind of a fun list of Disney movies that were never made.
- My “Sampler Plate” from our Ward Social on Friday. Sometimes you have to be a brave soul at these kind of church functions.
- I’m not much of a morning person either. Totally can relate!
- If you want to feel better about yourself, this should help.
- SMELLY CAT!!!
THE FRIDAY FUNNY FOTO