By the title of today’s post can you tell that I am excited to run the Nebo Half tomorrow? I probably am … just a tad too much? Maybe? Okay I am.
But, can you blame me? In the three years I have ran the Nebo Half I have looked forward ANXIOUSLY to the race the whole year. This year is nothing different. The course is fast and holds my PR and last year’s YB times. I am anticipating the same result come tomorrow morning.
I am shooting for a 2:35 or better … which is totally doable in my books. I did 2:37 on Run Elevated two weeks ago and back in June I did a 2:36 on the Drop 13 course. Nebo is much faster than Little and Big Cottonwood so I feel that sub-2:35 is MINE! I’d love a sub-2:30, but we’ll see. I am going to push it and see how my body responds.
That’s all I can ask from it, right?
Besides being an extremely fast course, Nebo also kinda kicks off the craziness that is fall running. Some of my favorite races are coming up quickly. Big Cottonwood is next week and then the Layton Marathon, both Haunted Half races and my Corner Canyon 25K as well. Lots of running and races in the fall. I love it.
Of course they’re all leading up to my 50K in November. Which I am getting excited and a tad nervous about. Both Howloween Half Marathons were both cancelled and I planned to use both as key races for my ultra training. They were planned on October 23rd and 30th, the night before both Haunted Half races. I wanted to do back-to-back races to help with the fatigue training.
But, alas, I am going to have to find other means to doing that. I might just still run 13 miles on those nights. But, that’s kinda boring doing myself. Or I might just run more on Saturday after the Haunted Half races. I live about 11 miles away from the Salt Lake race’s finish line so many I should run home? Or maybe even run to the race?
That’s a thought. Crazy enough to be fun.
Why do I give myself all of these ideas? Sometimes I swear I am too hazardous for my own health.
Either way, I am getting excited for it. Getting the Big Cottonwood and Layton Marathons under my belt will help with a lot of that training. Plus, I know I can push through a lot of fatigue from my other back-to-back races this past summer. So I am not too worried, but worried enough to worry about it (how’s that for a sentence?).
But, the focus right now is to kill my quads, calves and whatever other muscle in my legs want to burn like a mother tomorrow morning down Payson Canyon. After some ice baths, R&R over Labor Day weekend and a Slurpee and McGriddle … I’ll start focusing on the 50K at 110%.
MY FALL RACES
Since my schedule has changed for on my fall racing schedule, here is what my next 12 or so weeks will look like now …
- Sept 05 – Nebo Half
- Sept 12 – Big Cottonwood Marathon
- Sept 19 – RYR Pacing Run
- Sept 26 – Bugout Run
- October 10 – Layton Marathon
- October 17 – Corner Canyon 25K
- October 24 – Haunted Half SLC
- October 31 – Haunted Half Provo
- November 7 – Saltair Half
- November 14 – Antelope Island 50K
- November 26 – Thankful 13
- December 12 – Bakers Dozen Half
Who else is running any of these races? Let me know in the comments below!
ANOTHER BIG THANK YOU!
I know that I mentioned this on Monday, but I wanted to once again thank all of those that donated to Elsha and my birthday fundraiser. We raised $1750! That was $50 more than the $1700 goal we set. This will allow us to now get TWO carts for local assisted athletes.
You really don’t know how this is going to change two lives. We are giving them the gift of running and racing whenever they want. They no longer will need to borrow a cart and that depends on availability, they can race when they want. THAT’S HUGE!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
THE FRIDAY FARTLEK
Here are a few other things this past week that caught my attention …
- I rebranded my weight-loss journey Instagram account. It used to be @back2phat, but I changed the handle to @fight4phat. I like the new name better, because it is a fight to get back where I want to be. I am wanting to focus a bit more on my hypothyroidism, because it’s something a lot of people seem to be struggling with as of late.
- Speaking of the fight, I got my blood work done on Monday to check out my thyroid and testosterone levels. I have a check up this next week … soooooooo … hoping for some good news and answers.
- Of note, I used to have a blog that coincided with the Instagram account, but I decided to delete that. I just felt it was a bit too much and a lot of what I am sharing isn’t blog post fodder anyways. So, in case you were wondering …
- The Runsmobile has been in the mechanic this past week … something is wrong with the transmission I am afraid. Not going to lie, this might be it for her.
- I’ve had to take public transportation to work this week. This pretty much sums up how it went.
- I love these kids. So excited to be adding to the Kids Club this upcoming year.
- I’m marking my calendar for October 6th and getting myself a McGriddle for dinner!
- But, as far as eating other fast food … nope. And, this kind of helps.
- Okay while we’re on the subject of breakfast sandwiches … I think I need to make this breakfast cheese sandwich.
- This is a pretty cool gallery. I am not going to give it away, just have a look …
- I don’t know why, but these are pretty hilarious.
- SAY WHAT??? So many thoughts and feelings about this. More like on the disgusting side. It’s like us Americans HAVE to find and eat the fattest thing possible.
- This might be on of my new favorite Instagram accounts. Gets me even more excited for Disneyland!
- I found $10 in my pants yesterday. Now what to buy?
- These underwater pictures are AWESOME! Makes me want to swim with dolphins and great whites!
- I can proudly say that I have had only one dish on this list … Welsh cakes.
- Oh, how I aspire to be a Dad just like some of these men.
- Why did I have to see this?
- Um, yeah, sometimes this is 100% right.
- Is this thing for reals? I can’t decide?
- Snapped this awesome picture of my niece jumping on her trampoline on Sunday. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
- This is interesting. I had NO idea that Snoop Dog and Brandy were cousins? Then again, I don’t think I really care?
- Make America Great Again … don’t vote for Trump.
- I love cops.
- I am posting too many food things today … but I can’t help it. Check this one out.
- We told the kiddles this past weekend they were going to Disneyland at the end of the month. Needless to say, they were EXCITED!
- This is a good follow up quiz.
- So this exists … not sure what to think about it?
- Okay, food again, but this is a really interesting article about Hi-C Ecto Cooler. I lived off that stuff as a kid!
- Vampire squirrel? That sounds horrifying.
- That’s a lot of wool. A lot.
- These make me laugh.
- This seems like a good note to leave you on.