DISNEYLAND! DISNEYLAND! DISNEYLAND! DISNEYLAND! DISNEYLAND! To properly read how I am saying this you really have to consult this video …
After about a three-year absence I am FINALLY going back to Disneyland! It’d be extremely redundant to say this, but I shall, I am really excited.
Like, really, excited.
It’ll be a nice break. I haven’t taken more than two days off of work for vacation before and with some changes coming up in my office this will be the calm before all that madness. And, what better way to do that than in southern California and Disneyland?
Maybe Hawaii? The Bahamas? Tahiti?
Okay, but, really … DISNEYLAND! DISNEYLAND! DISNEYLAND!
I am doing way more than just Disneyland though, I am visiting some family while down there and there’s a good chance I might go to a taping of The Price is Right. I went last back in 2007 sooooooo it’s been a while. HOPEFULLY this time I get on. I really just want to play Plinko.
Well and win a lot of money and maybe a boat.
Even though I have no need for a boat, but just to have one seems like a great status symbol. Plus, if I won it on TPIR … I’d totally name it the S.S. Bob. I’d also paint spayed and neutered cats and dogs on the side of it.
Oh … and the fog horn would be replaced with a horn rendition of the TPIR theme song.
These are the kind of things dreams are made of, or simply … my day dreams.
But, I am going to be gone for about a week. Hopefully it will be fun and relaxing. I am really excited to see some cousins I haven’t seen in a while, plus my brother and his wife. Oh, and everyone at Disneyland … ESPECIALLY … Mary Poppins.
But, I am going to stop there because I could TOTALLY on a whole tangent about how much I love Mary Poppins. Well, Julie Andrews and how if I was to time travel I would go back to the 1960s to marry her.
I think everyone should have a time travel crush. It seems healthy?
Oh, it should be noted that I am also taking a vacation from the blog. I guess you could call it a “BLOGCATION” … eh? eh? Clever, huh?
So, there will be no Monday post or Fartlek Friday next week. But, I should be back in full swing come the following Monday.
But, yeah … YEAH DISNEYLAND!
If you didn’t catch this the other day, I am going to start sharing more thoughts, opinions, feelings, stories, etc., etc., etc. here on my blog about my weight-loss journey. That includes more about how I’ve dealt with hypothyroidism and low testosterone.
I post most of this all on Instagram @fight4phat, but I’m a blogger at heart and so I wanted to share it here instead of trying to start a whole new blog.
But, as a teaser, I might have a new blog coming it’s way at the start of 2016. Don’t worry, Running180 will still be around, but I’m working on something awesome.
MY TOP TEN FAVORITE DISNEYLAND RIDES
When talking about Disneyland I always find it important to share with others my favorite things about the park. Especially when it comes to rides and food. Everyone has a differing opinion. But, that’s the beauty of Disneyland … that’s okay.
So here are my 10 favorite rides at the Disneyland Resort (so that’d include the park and DCA). I also list my favorite foods in the next column.
1) Splash Mountain
2) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3) Pirates of Caribbean
4) California Screamin’
5) Space Mountain
6) Radiator Springs Racers
7) The Haunted Mansion
8) Indiana Jones Adventure
9) Casey Jr. Circus Train
10) The Mad Tea Party
MY TOP TEN FAVORITE DISNEYLAND FOODS
And, here are my favorite foods at Disneyland. Again, a very personal thing, but I am sure you share a lot of the same things on this list.
But, oh man, oh man, oh man, I sure want one of those pretzels. And, corn dogs, and Dole whips, and Lobster Nachos and churros … and, and, and …
Oh boy, I am going to have share a little bit of all of these with others. My goal is to come back and not gain more than two pounds.
Anyways … food …
1) Cream Cheese Stuffed Pretzels
2) Hand-dipped Corn Dogs
3) Pineapple Dole Whip
4) Lobster Nachos
6) Pomme Frites
7) Monte Cristo Sandwich
8) Mickey Beignets
9) Lobster Roll
10) BBQ Chicken Baked Potato
THE FRIDAY FARTLEK
Here are a few things that caught my attention this past week …
- Well, first off Disneyland has been on mind a lot this week … if you couldn’t tell.
- It’s been kind of fun to watch the fanfare and happenings of the Pope here in the U.S. More than that though it’s been interesting watching both sides of the aisle react to the Pope’s political opinions and address to congress. Not sure if I have a strong opinion on it or not? It’s just cool to have a Pope here in the U.S.
- My old FitBit band broke so I had to get a new one. I opted a pink one in honor of my two friends battling breast cancer.
- Good thing Disney has banned all selfie sticks, eh? Yeesh. And, then there’s this.
- Moral of this ‘gram … when you find a watermelon at a gas pump … ignore it.
- Reading this about Coldstone really doesn’t give me much motivation to stick to a diet.
- What the … what?
- Skittles and M&M’s mixed together is the bane of my existence … well at least on road trips.
- I never knew I knew so little about Kool-Aid?! Especially when it comes to Kool-Aid Dill Pickles. I’ve got to try that!
- I want this donkey.
- I also want to be friends with
- I want to grow up and draw dinosaurs. Or maybe I want to be a freelance fortune cookie writer?
- The Lord has been good to me. He hasn’t called me to be a Primary Teacher … yet.
- This is sad news. I always loved Yogi-isms.
- BROOKLYN BRIDGE!
- SNAPPING TURTLES!
- GROSS PUMPKIN SPICE CRAP!
- I love making me some black bean salsa. I was craving it last night. YUM!
- Yeah, some of these are pet peeves for me as well. But, most are hilarious.
- Well this is fun. I love me some Friends trivia.
- Yeah, no.
- I love this article and what Kenny the Cashier did for this gentleman. Major kudos for him going above and beyond!
- As many of you all know I have been counting how many bananas I’ve eaten this year. I’m at 697, BTW. Next year I think I am going to count how many eggs I eat throughout the year. This should help.
- Smart Water might not be the smartest water out there soon. This is pretty cool.
- While eating a Granny Smith apple this past week, I wondered if there was a real Granny Smith. There was. She’s dead now, but I sure love her apples. There’s also a Granny Smith Festival.
- This is pretty cool.
- I grew up watching Punky Brewster and who can forget the infamous refrigerator episode? That scared me for life!
- You want to know how to make me gain 15lbs. in a day? Show me this article and shut me in a kitchen. Some of these look TOO good. YUM!
- My hatred for deer really did start at an early age.
- I was kind of excited to take this quiz, but I won’t lie BuzzFeed totally got it wrong. French Vanilla Ice Cream? GAG ME A RIVER! I was really hoping for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.
- When I mow the lawn, I don’t just mow the lawn … I mow the lawn epically.
- And, I’m going to leave you with these well timed laughs.
- I lied, I am going to leave you with these names you should NEVER name your children. NEVER.
FRIDAY’S FUNNY FELINE FOTO