It’s been two weeks since the last Friday post. Which, I think breaks my 91 week record? I don’t know where that puts this record … maybe somewhere between Cal Ripken and a Netflix weekend marathon? But, you have to admit, it is pretty impressive.
Either way, a new streak begins. And, I am getting pretty excited for the upcoming month. Not only am I starting my 12 week program next week, but I’ve got a number of mile-marker races coming up as well. Namely tomorrow’s Layton Marathon and my 50K next month.
Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Tomorrow’s race is our Guinness World Record run. We’re attempting to run a marathon with the most people tethered together the whole time. Yep, that’s right, roped together. Don’t worry too much on the bathroom situation, we’re leaving enough slack on the lines to make that feasible.
But, by the end of tomorrow I am going to be a World Record runner! Not people can say that they are in the same boat as Meb, Prefontaine or even Kara Goucher? I’m going to soak this one in. And, probably soak in an ice bath after the race as well. More than it being an accomplishment, it’s going to be A LOT of fun. We have a lot of fun people on the team and it should be a party more than anything.
In addition to the marathon tomorrow is going to be a VERY busy day because we have another ghost hunt. Luckily it’s at midnight until 6am on Saturday night … soooooo … I’ll probably take a nice long nap after the race. But, that’s going to be a lot of time on my feet in 24 hours.
I’m going to say it’s going to be a lot of fun, but as you very well know … it’s probably not going to be. Which means I should probably amp up the Aleve. But, alas, this is the life I chose to live. And, it is fun having hobbies so different from each other. Keeps life interesting.
Anyways … fun weekend ahead! Come back on Monday for my race and weekend recap!
YEAH WORLD RECORDS!
YEAH GHOST HUNTING!
As I mentioned above tomorrow is my 109th race … and 9th marathon. This one will be a lot of fun as I am one of 85+ other runners running the marathon chained together. We’re going for a Guinness World Record. The previous record is 77 so we should have no problem breaking it.
I am going to be helping make the rope system with my friend Tim later today at the race expo. It should be a fun adventure. Not only will it be a party, but I’ll be able to notch off another bucket list item in becoming a World Record holder. And, a world record runner for that manner.
ST. GEORGE RUNNER SERIES
Okay, let me just get this out there. I am a liar. Remember that one time I said … NO MARATHONS in 2016? Yep, lied about it. Totally just signed up for the St. George Runner Series this past week. This guarantees me a spot in the St. George Marathon next October. I paid $15 and now I just need to run two St. George races to qualify.
And, those two races I’ll actually have done before the end of the year. I am running the Snow Canyon Half (November 7) and the Bakers Dozen Half (December 12). WHAM BAM! Right?
I am pretty excited for a couple of reasons. I love the St. George Marathon. It’s a very challenging course, but it’s also a very beautiful course. Nothing re-energizing me more than hitting mile 13 and Snow Canyon. Seriously, it’s like a whole different race at that point.
Well, it helps that the remaining of the race is pretty much ALL downhill from that point. But, that’s beside the point.
This will change my training a bit next year, but not much. This will be my only marathon though (depends if you count my 50K). Well, unless I am needed to sweep one. But, this one I plan on racing. I don’t have a time goal … yet. I am not sure if I will. I hate putting time goals on marathons. I just want to do my best.
But, I am looking forward to October 1st, 2016!
ST. GEORGE OR BUST!
UPDATED 2016 RACE SCHEDULE
- Run Resolution; Kearns, UT (January 1)
- Zion Half Marathon; Virgin, UT (March 14)
- Buffalo Run 25K; Antelope Island, UT (March 28)
- Vigor Big Cottonwood Half Marathon; SLC, UT (May 14)
- Drop 13 Half Marathon; SLC, UT (June 11)
- Deseret News Half Marathon; SLC, UT (July 23)
- Timp Half; American Fork, UT (July 30)
- Nebo Half; Payson, UT (September 3)
- Revel Big Cottonwood Half Marathon; SLC, UT (September 10)
- St. George Marathon; St. George, UT (October 1)
- Antelope Island 50K; Antelope Island, UT (November 12)
- Thankful 13; Lehi, UT (November 24)
THE FRIDAY FARTLEK
Here are a few other things that caught my attention this past week …
- This is a pretty remarkable story after this toddler suffered an internal decapitation. Wow.
- This is pretty fascinating. Gives you a new perspective about New York, eh?
- Of course Utah’s most Instagram’d place would be Temple Square. Of course!
- I can’t love this any more. So awesome! I would totally date Belle Wookie.
- ARRRRRRRRR … Pirates!
- And, this.
- Oh, and how about this?
- And, definitively, this.
- That nose-less monkey kinda looks like an Elvis/Michael Jackson love child, no?
- Um … idiot.
- COUNTRY BEARS! Geez, it hasn’t been a week and I am already for another Disney vacation. Probably to Disney World this go around.
- MORE DISNEY!
- What the what? Whatever … ?!??!
- This could make Facebook interesting.
- As much as I hate my lack of facial and chest hair … um … no.
- This is a good bit of information about prunes. I eat prunes almost daily so I find it interesting why it makes me poop.
- Classy tool.
- This is a fun read, mainly because I loved That Thing You Do! back in the day … 16 years ago.
- I love this more than I really should.
- Sometimes I feel like this is me. Oh, also of note … I think #22 is a lady, not a dude. Anyone want to confirm that?
- Oh, and this could be me as well. I now have to try to gas up my car from the backseat. That could be fun/interesting/dangerous, no?
- This is good for a good laugh.
- True story, we used to have a pet raccoon … this is typical behavior for one. They’re nasty little buggers. We eventually gave him to the Lagoon “zoo” because he was too much to handle. Best decision we ever made.
- This is one reason why I need another dog.
- This doesn’t help either.
- And, neither does this.
FRIDAY’S FUNNY FELINE FOTOS