I love me a good Friday. I’m excited about this weekend for a couple of reasons. One, we’re doing a Bugout Run tomorrow morning here in the Salt Lake area. And, then also the U game, church, sleeping in … until it’s time to go to church and, oh yeah, we’re recording a podcast this weekend as well.
It’s been over three weeks since the last time we recorded. It wasn’t planned that way, but we tried to crank out a podcast before Disneyland and we couldn’t line up our schedules, then I was in Disneyland and then when I got back from Disneyland I was sick.
And, it was a cold. But, not a regular cold … more like the, “did you go through a second puberty?” kind of cold. My voice was all cracking like a teenager, but by the end of the week I was singing, “Ol’ Man River” pretty much better than Paul Robeson.
But, alas, I’m thankfully past that stage.
Look for a couple of Runcast episodes in the next couple of weeks. This weekend’s will be a catch up on what we’ve missed. We’ll talk about the Layton Marathon Guinness World Record, dropping from a race and probably some other things that’ll make us laugh.
Then sometime before Halloween we’ll be doing a special Halloween episode. I am excited about this one. I am not going to give away exactly what we’re talking about, but it’ll be fun.
Anyways … the next episode should be out next Wednesday. So stay tuned here and on the Runcast Facebook page for a link once it’s live.
Oh, and if you’d like to join us for the Bugout Run it’s FREE and you can get all the information, meet up location and logistics here. Come join us! It’s fun!
Anyways, have a fun weekend! Be safe! Run hard! Run fast! Run for fun!
And, if you’re not. You’re doing it wrong.
MY MUG WAS ON KSL.COM
If you stalk me on Facebook, you’ve probably already seen this, but my pretty little mug was on KSL.com this past week. Luckily it wasn’t for something that wouldn’t make my Mom proud. It was an article about the Layton Marathon Guinness World Record feat. Pretty cool!
Though I wasn’t one of the runners that completed the full marathon, it was still quite the experience getting the whole thing ready, running what I did and then supporting the team to the finish line. It really was a team effort. I’d love to try it again.
Anyways, here’s the piece by Arriane Brown. Great read!
Chicken Little has started laying eggs. They might be small, but she’s cranking them out like a boss. #chickensofinstagram A photo posted by Joshua O. Snow Hansén (@mejosher) on
mmmmmm … I don’t know if I’m more excited about the tuna or the pickles inside the tuna? Ever since Saturday’s race all I’ve been dreaming about is pickles. Seriously. And, no I’m not pregnant. #tunasandwich #lunch #pickles #food #fitness #wellness #health #weightloss #weightlossjourney #hypothyroid #hypothyroidism #thyroid #lowtestosterone @fight4phat @running180 @mejosher
Spaghetti Josh returns to his rightful location at the gym. If I ever needed motivation in the gym this will do it. #spaghettijoshreturns A photo posted by Joshua O. Snow Hansén (@mejosher) on
THE FRIDAY FARTLEK
Here are a few other things that have caught my attention this past week …
- Yeah, this HAS to be the worst aunt … EVER. Can you believe she would sue her 8 year old nephew over a botched hug? Gimme a break!
- I just love the title of this article. Go ahead and click on this link. BAHAHAHA! Funny, huh? Never gets old.
- GO UTES!
- I’m not a big fan of Halloween, but I do appreciate a funny costume. Some of these are hilarious. Especially the Pizza Rat. Though, now all I want is a dog.
- Um, yeah, no.
- When you’re on a diet these kind of articles actually help keep me on track. Go figure, huh?
- Because cats.
- I love October baseball. I especially love it when the Giants are in the postseason, but since they aren’t this year I love adopted a team or two to cheer. This year … the Cubbies! I’ve always had a soft spot for them, especially since I served my mission in Chicago and have attended a game at Wrigley Field. So now that they’re in the NLCS … it’s all World Championship or Bust! Let’s end that curse.
- This is a pretty cool visual ditty of vintage pictures of Wrigley Field. Best ballpark I’ve been too!
- Oh geez … there’s always some way to make a buck, huh? Maybe I should ship water from the Great Salt Lake around the world? You think people would buy that?
- This is great news … PIZZA!!!
- HAHAHAHAHA! I love this.
- I just posted this to let you know of my disdain for Quiznos.
- Yeah, this is one of the main reasons why I fly JetBlue and Southwest. The audacity of that flight attendant.
- Tempting. But, if I ate a 30lbs. burrito … I’m pretty sure I’d never want to eat a burrito again in my life. I can’t have that.
- I took this quiz and got Back to the Future. Alright!
- MORE MUPPETS!!!
- Can you tell that I love the Muppets? I’m still trying to figure out if I like the new TV show? Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised if it was cancelled. I hope not though. I think that’s a good place to stop.
FRIDAY’S ALWAYS GOOD FOR A LAUGH
So a couple weeks ago I started this mock fitness Instagram account called @demotivatedfitness. Obviously I have nothing against the fitness industry or people’s personal journeys towards better help. But, you’ve got to admit … it’s fun to poke fun of it sometimes.
Here are a few of the memes I’ve posted the past couple weeks … for your amusement.